Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rancho RS9000xl and OME springs, Anyone?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Rancho RS9000xl and OME springs, Anyone?

I am contemplating my lifting options because I have recently removed my spacer lift cause I didn't like the feel of it. I would like to get the OME 885 springs. I have also been looking at the Rancho RS9000xl's all the way around. I like that I would be able to adjust the shocks for my driving habits. I will not go with the rancho quick lift because it only gives 2nd gen tacos a 1 3/4" of lift, I want closer to 2.5". My question is, has anyone had any expirience combining the front rs9000xl struts with OME 885 springs? Or if anyone knows anything about the shocks themselves to be able to handle those springs? I have done some searching on this site and have come up with just about nothing to answer my question, but this, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...9000s-ome.html and that didn't do it. So if anyone has anything good or bad to say about this, please chime in. I've had rancho 5000's in the past and thought they were a great shock. My main concern is combining the front struts with the ome's. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Rancho's are the same as ProComp. Don't go that route. For less money you can have a better ride with bilstein 5100s and OME springs or Eibach springs.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
What makes ranchos the same as pro comps?
Twin-tube shock.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Good info on twin tubes vs. mono tubes here.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...lovers/Part_1/
Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I had Rancho shocks once. Didn't like them. Blisteins are much preferable imo
Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Name: Danny
tervanun's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the revival but what kind of differences did you see between the ranchos and billys?
As far as rebound and bump that is...
Compared to each other and stock shocks
thanks!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tervanun View Post
Sorry for the revival but what kind of differences did you see between the ranchos and billys?
As far as rebound and bump that is...
Compared to each other and stock shocks
thanks!

I've had rancho 5000's on a pre runner Tacoma and also on a 4wd Tundra. The 5000's are stiff, but it's a truck, so I expected that. They performed well for what I was using the vehicles for. I ended up going with the Bilstein 5100 shocks on my current truck, and they are a much smoother ride.