Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

drop bracket + flex + uca's

Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
KingofRedwood is on a distinguished road
Name: Cuong
KingofRedwood's Tacoma Gallery
drop bracket + flex + uca's

Anyone in here with experience in drop bracket flex? I got 6" pro comp lift and Im looking to upgrade icon CO's and UCA's. I've heard drop bracket reduce the flex and I'm not sure if the Icon UCA's will be more than enough for the lift. I like the look of Icon UCA but I don't want to waste the bucks for other stuffs.

LR UCA's is the option
Not sure TC UCA's because I"ve heard the "squeak" complaint

Any input will be very appreciated
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
With a drop bracket don't your alignment specs stay the same? I'm not quite sure how that all works out..but if they do then you won't even need new upper control arms. However if you do get an adjustable coilover and crank it you should probably invest in a pair.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt waste the money on icon uca's. Stick with TC they are a proven company and the majority love them.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
you dont need the uca's, just get the icon coilover

DB lifts can wheel too!
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7...2/DSC_0580.JPG
Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
grease your bushings and use triflow on the uniball and even the TC long travel kit is silent.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
I got the light racing uca's and there adjustable like the icon's just not as pretty, oh and half the price. I also have king coils. My alinement is now spot on.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post

DB lifts can wheel too!
Haha classic you stickin your head out the indow like that
Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I wouldnt waste the money on icon uca's. Stick with TC they are a proven company and the majority love them.
I know everyone love TC but I also heard people complaint about TC they squeak after a while. I'm not sure it is different if I'm on road only.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofRedwood View Post
I know everyone love TC but I also heard people complaint about TC they squeak after a while. I'm not sure it is different if I'm on road only.
My TC's have been silent for almost 4 years now.....Still on the original Uniballs too.....
Old 08-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
With a drop bracket don't your alignment specs stay the same? I'm not quite sure how that all works out..but if they do then you won't even need new upper control arms. However if you do get an adjustable coilover and crank it you should probably invest in a pair.
the truck wandering too much and I did some research around and people said replacing uca's will help.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
how lovely it is to have whole punch of you responding to my concern. I'm kinda business right now at work... will read up and if I have more questions to ask. Thanks guys
Old 08-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post

DB lifts can wheel too!
Was that at chiva falls? That's Pat's signature style!

Products Discussed in this Thread