Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox RR coilovers at Allpro?

Old 10-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery

Tacoma: 2006 toyota tacoma prerunner trd sport Posts: 86

Hey, I was looking at Allpro's web sight and saw some Fox RR coilovers made spacificaly for 05+ Tacomas. Has anyone else seen these? I read on their sight that they were exclusive to Allpro. Is that a bad thing? If anyone has seen these or would go check them out, how do you think they would stack up to the Icon coilovers? I was dead set on getting the Icons when I get back from my deployment, but now I don't know. The Fox coilovers come pre set at a 3"lift. Exactly what I need. I don't know what the Icons come set at, but I know they only offer 0"-3.5" of lift. If I get the Icons and set them at 3", will they be stiff as hell? Please tell me what you think about the Fox CO and about setting the Icons to 3"!!! Bye the way, I have a prerunner access cab if it makes a difference. 06.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that exclusivity to Allpro is a bad thing for these shocks. They look nice... the 2.5's are pricey.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
the 8 way compression adjustable 2.0 Fox's at Allpro are exclusive only to them. you will not find them anywhere else. and if you call Fox directly trying to order them they will direct you to Allpro
Old 10-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
I have never seen a truck with those but their made by FOX so thew should be just fine.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
I don't think that exclusivity to Allpro is a bad thing for these shocks. They look nice... the 2.5's are pricey.
Ya, $1400.00. ouch!! But I think I am getting closer to getting those than the Icons. I Emailed Icon to get more info on their coilovers. I told them I was going to order from them any day now. Just wanted to get A little bit more info on them. They never replied. Kind of pisses me off.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:01 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've got a buddy that owns an offroad fab shop and he gave me the following advice with reference to coilovers:

1. They all use Eibach springs
2. 90% of them use the same shock.

In many instances, you're paying for a name.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
I've got a buddy that owns an offroad fab shop and he gave me the following advice with reference to coilovers:

1. They all use Eibach springs
2. 90% of them use the same shock.

In many instances, you're paying for a name.
They DO use the same springs, but they are different lengths and rates. I.e., Icon uses a 14" Eibach spring with a 650# rate, while Leepers uses a 13" Eibach spring with a 600# rate.
Shock bodies are different from one manufacture to the other, but they all have to fit in the same spot without hitting anything, so they are close to the same specs. Valving is different as manufactures do what they feel the public wants. Some are a constant rate dampening, speed sensative (what I prefer), progressive, and digressive.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 AM   #9
jtaco is on a distinguished road
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
whaat??? i looked everywhere tryin to find a 650lb eibach at 14" and they told me they only produce a 14" at 700lb. because i had to change my eibachs on my saws.guys at sway away and eibach said this. were they lieing?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:34 AM   #10
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaco View Post
whaat??? i looked everywhere tryin to find a 650lb eibach at 14" and they told me they only produce a 14" at 700lb. because i had to change my eibachs on my saws.guys at sway away and eibach said this. were they lieing?
hmm... I've got a buddy with 2.5 SAWs that just went from the "stock" 650# spring to a 700# spring to account for his bumper and winch...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
jtaco is on a distinguished road
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
thats exactly what i had to do, but everywhere selling eibachs, including saw. said all they make in 14" eibach is 700lbs. the 650lbs that come with the saws are i think only 12 or 13". my point is that is the only choice i had and i had to do it cause of winch and offroad bumper but it is stiff as hell...
Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
We can build those coil overs no problem! They are not exclusive to all pro- just the fox part number is... Its basically all the parts from there 2.5" performance kit, but with a 2.0 body and the C/D adjuster.. I think I can do those for under $1400.00