Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need Help Regarding 5100's w/Rear TSB

Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help Regarding 5100's w/Rear TSB

Ok, I've search "5100's w/Rear TSB" but didn't get but two hits, so I'm gonna ask this:

I'm about to install 5100's and I want to set them at 1.75. I've got the TSB springs and from my research it looks like my truck should sit about level with this set up. However, I'd like a little rake (maybe a 1/2 inch or so). I thought about getting the Toytec 1.5 AAL but I'm worried it'll raise my rear too high.

So here's my questions:

--Does anyone know of a 1 inch AAL?

--Or, would a Toytec 1 inch block work along with the TSB springs?

Thanks for any input!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of or seen a 1" AAL. A 1" block would work but may induce axle wrap.

How about putting the 5100's at .85?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
You will still have a rake with the TSB spring and 5100's set at 1.75". I can't tell you how much but I was completely satisified when I did mine.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
Tylan is on a distinguished road
Name: Tylan
Tylan's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the exact same boat right now, but I have a cap on the truck and that amount of weight with the rest of the bed empty seems to make it ride just a little bit low in the back. There is a 1" block from Toytec or a 1.5" AAL for the TSB rear leafs, but I am thinking the same as the OP and would both or those be too much?

Bolt, what did you end up doing? Anything?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
1 inch really isn't much. I found some .75" flat stock in our shop that would have done perfectly. If its just going to be a spacer, look for some flat stock, drill a hole and go.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylan View Post
I am in the exact same boat right now, but I have a cap on the truck and that amount of weight with the rest of the bed empty seems to make it ride just a little bit low in the back. There is a 1" block from Toytec or a 1.5" AAL for the TSB rear leafs, but I am thinking the same as the OP and would both or those be too much?

Bolt, what did you end up doing? Anything?
I haven't done anything yet. I may try the block if my TSB springs end up settling much, but so far I'm happy with the rake I ended up with:

Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
With my Icons at default setting (supposedly 2.5"), I'm actually sitting level with TSB leafs. Bilsteins at 1.75" may actually give you the rake you need.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
Tylan is on a distinguished road
Name: Tylan
Tylan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
With my Icons at default setting (supposedly 2.5"), I'm actually sitting level with TSB leafs. Bilsteins at 1.75" may actually give you the rake you need.
It is crazy how different each of these are! This is me with the Billies at 1.75" and just the TSB Rear Leaf, nothing else. I am barely level or even slightly nose high...