Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s help

Old 08-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
UpstateTRDTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
UpstateTRDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
5100s help

I know there is probably a million threads on this, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I want to add a front lift to my truck, I have a double cab 2011 TX pro 4wd. I have blocks leftover from my Revtek spacer lift from my old truck, i dont want spacers on the front cause they suck. If i read it right, i can use 5100s with stock springs and achieve a mild lift correct? because that would be very cheap for me to lift my truck. Plus, downsouth motorsports gives discounts to TW memebers? Any help would be appreciated and and yelling at me for not finding it in the search function is to be expected. sorry.

Thanks alot TW, Josh
Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100's can preload the front springs to give you lift. Much like a preload spacer, but valved accordinly, giving a better ride.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateTRDTaco View Post
I know there is probably a million threads on this, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I want to add a front lift to my truck, I have a double cab 2011 TX pro 4wd. I have blocks leftover from my Revtek spacer lift from my old truck, i dont want spacers on the front cause they suck. If i read it right, i can use 5100s with stock springs and achieve a mild lift correct? because that would be very cheap for me to lift my truck. Plus, downsouth motorsports gives discounts to TW memebers? Any help would be appreciated and and yelling at me for not finding it in the search function is to be expected. sorry.

Thanks alot TW, Josh
Correct, you can use 5100's to lift the front.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The 5100's can preload the front springs to give you lift. Much like a preload spacer, but valved accordinly, giving a better ride.
You sneaky quick bastard.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
You sneaky quick bastard.
You slow, lethargic Canadian
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You slow, lethargic Canadian
.... ouch.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
.... ouch.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #8

but just to make sure, it can use the stock springs? correct chris4x4??
Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
I know there is probably a million threads on this
A million and one now.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but just to make sure, it can use the stock springs? correct chris4x4??
Not chris but yes, you can use the stock coils.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
They are designed to be used with the stock/factory coil springs.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
They are designed to be used with the stock/factory coil springs.
Or Eibach's
Old 08-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #14

hey guys, another question, i have some 285/75/16 duratracs sitting in my basement, what would i need along with the 5100s to make those fit? and how bad would they rub? they rubbed horribly on my old truck
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #15

just ordered some 5100s for the front, wheelers 2 inch AAL for the rear, and some spidertrax spacers for the front to fit my duratracs.
Is supposed to arrive on tuesday, hopefully will install that week.

Ill post pics as soon as i can.

thanks for everyones help!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #17

i didnt order any yet..... he said i would be fine for a while with the stock rear shocks, i can pick some up in december when i start working again.

I wont be doing any wheeling until then
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like that will work fine. You will probably need some minor trimming. Just some plastic and maybe a tiny piece of your bumper on the inside corner. Your gonna love it!!

I have stock rear shocks with a 5th leaf (tsb + 1.5 AAL) and they are fine.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure, but are you saying youre using a spacer lift and the 5100s? I heard someone say that its not a good idea to sure a spacer lift and a billy lift at the same time. Lemme go see what i read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
A million and one now.

did you get a +1 for that wealth of knowledge or just come to complain about an over tread topic title :P ...pow pow !! bang bang !!!