Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bumpstops - Assitance please!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpstops - Assitance please!

Okay,

So I've been trying to make a decision on what to do for my rear bumpstops.

I've done lots of research, spoken with people who have different products and can't come to a conclusion.

My truck, more of a expedition/trail rig, with the odd blast down dirty paths and such. So what I've come down too is the following...

Timbren's - Good for extra load capacity and supposedly smoother ride. I know quite a few people are running these. Read some where that at the rebound from them is bad?! (Can'f remember where)

LR Jounce stops - Hydraulic bump that requires no custom fitting, bolt-on design, but not sure how they handle weight, been told that the ride improvement is amazing though.

Wheeler's Superbumps - Similar to the Timbren's, Cheapest of the 3, not sure how I like the mounting tree on them, still looking for more reviews on them.

ANY input anyone has on the 3 listed above is appreciated, I know that the prices between them all differs quite a bit (not considering that) I would like reviews input anything at All thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
The jounce shocks handle weight fine. Their primary downside is that you can't run them with a u-bolt flip.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have the front as well but wasn't sure on the rears so I held off on them.

Boyd, what would you have went with instead?!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Max's Canadian Twin

Oh okay, yea using some sort of universal polyurethane bumpstop custom fitted, I actually think Defined engineering makes some mounts for our trucks for them. I'll look into that!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Max's Canadian Twin

Will do!

And yea, they're way to expensive that's why I looked in to the Wheeler's Bumps in the 1st place!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin

And as Mike pointed out the LR Bumps can't be used with a U-Bolt Flip, which I don't know about, I don't know if the clearance is that big of an issue with stock style U-Bolts.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Wheeler's Offroad Tech Rep
JohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
JohnnyK.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Wheelers charges and arm and a leg for that dam metal bracket that I threw away. Maybe you could ask Dan what the price difference would be without it?

We can sell them without the bracket for custom applications.. All you got to do is ask.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Very happy with my SuperBumps front and rear.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Wheelers Super Bumps in the front. Can't speak to the rear.

Here is a video of them in action.
http://youtu.be/YRmK_NkU8Rs
Old 01-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is an old thread, but heres another option for you, pyramid daystars.