Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

coilover question

Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
BCTaco14 is a jewel in the roughBCTaco14 is a jewel in the roughBCTaco14 is a jewel in the roughBCTaco14 is a jewel in the rough
BCTaco14's Tacoma Gallery
coilover question

So I come from the Subaru WRX world prior to my Tacoma. When modding the suspension in a car it is frowned upon to use coilovers in places like new york that have shitty winters because shit will get into the coilovers and ruin them. Is this the same for tacoma/truck coilovers? I am about to order some and just wanted to make sure they are going to last in the weather I am going to drive in.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTaco14 View Post
So I come from the Subaru WRX world prior to my Tacoma. When modding the suspension in a car it is frowned upon to use coilovers in places like new york that have shitty winters because shit will get into the coilovers and ruin them. Is this the same for tacoma/truck coilovers? I am about to order some and just wanted to make sure they are going to last in the weather I am going to drive in.
Doesn't the WRX have coil overs from the factory? What else would you use on a WRX?

To answer your question, coilovers will do just fine in New England. If you get new upper control arms, be careful, some do not use stainless steel ball joints and they can pit on you.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
which coilovers are you looking at? Not that the answer will follow-on to answer your question, I am just wondering. Ive always had coilovers on my cars, but never lived in a snowy place.