Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Should I extend my bumpstops with the OME Dakars

Old 08-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Should I extend my bumpstops with the OME Dakars

As the title states , I have read conflicting opinions on how important it is to extend the bumpstops with the Dakars to keep the leaf pack from going into negative arch .

Any clarification or opinions on how to best extend the stops if needed ?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
I used the timbren stops with mine and I have had no problems with my Dakars besides them rusting.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

I'm curious for responses, I always thought extending the bump stops was so the axle hit the bump stops before the shock bottomed out. I didn't think negative arch was a concern but I guess I'll learn something today!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
if you decide to do that, i dont know if you should or not. but i read another thread where someone suggested to cut 1/4 inch steel in squares to put under the bump stop to raise it off of the leafs. as long as ur u bolts are long enough. make sence?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

I'm curious for responses, I always thought extending the bump stops was so the axle hit the bump stops before the shock bottomed out. I didn't think negative arch was a concern but I guess I'll learn something today!
This^^^

Dont.think bumpstops come into play until ur offroading or carrying heavy loads... Should only be on bumpstops then, but if ur carrying heavy loads alot ud want to ride on the bumstop to stop the springs from flattening/neg arch
Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Wait, how the hell did you manage to bottom out the Dakars??? They have 2 overloads!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
if you do want to extend them, look at this thread to give you some ideas..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oming-out.html
Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
if you do want to extend them, look at this thread to give you some ideas..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oming-out.html
Thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Wait, how the hell did you manage to bottom out the Dakars??? They have 2 overloads!
I didn't say I had yet , but under heavy loading , I'm wondering if the factory bumpstop is tall enough or whether it needs ti be taller
Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else care to add anything ?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
just get rear airbags instead
Old 08-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
just get rear airbags instead
Instead of extending the bumpstops ?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I dont see how it would hurt anything using the factory stops, but I havent run a Dakar pack with a load.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
bump
What he said ^^^
Old 08-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #18
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Get some ride rite air bags. Firestone makes them for heavy loads and towing. Sounds like what you may need. Look into it.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
Banned
i think if you needed to extend your bumps dakar would say something?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you suggesting airbags , you mean to run the Dakars and airbags ?