LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Opinions on my soon to be suspension set up!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on my soon to be suspension set up!!!

Hey guys, I want peoples opinions on my planned suspension set up. I do a bit of offroading in Arizona and Washington. I mix it with about 20-30% higher speed desert stuff and 70-80% rock crawling and slower offroading:

REAR
Allpro Expedition rear leaf springs, spring bushings, and U-bolt flip kit.
Fox 2.5" adjustable shocks with remote reservoir
Extended rear brake line
Timbren bumpstops

FRONT
Total Chaos UCA's
Timbren bumpstops
Extended front brake line
Fox 2.5" adjustable shocks with remote reservoir

Initially they will be rough but I plan on getting an armored front bumper and winch and a armored rear bumper with tire carrier so that should settle them down a little bit. Anyone else running a similar set up?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
rolltide05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Micheal
rolltide05's Tacoma Gallery
I would opt for King over the Fox IMHO
Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, except the leaves. Deaver or OME seem to have fewer reported issues.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
What problems have the AP expedition leaf packs had? I havent come across any issues (other than a stiff ride) in my searches.

Rolltide, why do you reccomend the Kings over the Fox shocks? Other people feel the same way? What reasons for this?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
rolltide05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Micheal
rolltide05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
What problems have the AP expedition leaf packs had? I havent come across any issues (other than a stiff ride) in my searches.

Rolltide, why do you reccomend the Kings over the Fox shocks? Other people feel the same way? What reasons for this?
Both are progressive in dampening but I believe the King has better valving and bar none better corrosion resistance. For the money I would opt for the Kings. Icon is nice as well if you have them take some of the low speed compression off.If not they can be a little stiff on the small stuff but really come into thier own at higher speeds due to the digressive dampening. Dont get me wrong there isnt anything wrong with buying a pair a Fox's, I just believe the King is on top.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide05 View Post
Both are progressive in dampening but I believe the King has better valving and bar none better corrosion resistance. For the money I would opt for the Kings. Icon is nice as well if you have them take some of the low speed compression off.If not they can be a little stiff on the small stuff but really come into thier own at higher speeds due to the digressive dampening. Dont get me wrong there isnt anything wrong with buying a pair a Fox's, I just believe the King is on top.
Ok, thanks. Good write up, I will keep that all in mind. From what i read the Fox's ordered from Allpro Offroad are valved specifically for our Tacoma's. I havent specifically talked with anyone at Allpro about them yet but I plan on asking about that specifically.

Anyone with Fox or Kings care to chime in, I am curious on other peoples opinions as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
Morning bump!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post

Maybe it was the older AP packs but many have reported premature sagging. I have heard rpo many horror stories about most AP products to trust them at all. I'm sire that there will be an AP fanboy along shortly to five me shit about this but I am just stating my opinion.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Maybe it was the older AP packs but many have reported premature sagging. I have heard rpo many horror stories about most AP products to trust them at all. I'm sire that there will be an AP fanboy along shortly to five me shit about this but I am just stating my opinion.
I appreciate your opinion so no worries. I have read alot of peoples opinions on the All-pro stuff but at the same time I know people who have it and seem to love it. Like anything your going to hear people on both sides of that fence, but I do appreciate you chiming in. I have AP skids as they were my best option for what I needed and they havent let me down yet.

I know that the standard AP leafs were really soft which had great flex for wheeling but bad for any loads. The AP expedition packs are essentially the same as the deaver expedition packs as far as I can tell.