1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on my soon to be suspension set up!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by extremachn1, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Aug 18, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Hey guys, I want peoples opinions on my planned suspension set up. I do a bit of offroading in Arizona and Washington. I mix it with about 20-30% higher speed desert stuff and 70-80% rock crawling and slower offroading:

REAR
    Allpro Expedition rear leaf springs, spring bushings, and U-bolt flip kit.
    Fox 2.5" adjustable shocks with remote reservoir
    Extended rear brake line
    Timbren bumpstops

FRONT
    Total Chaos UCA's
    Timbren bumpstops
    Extended front brake line
    Fox 2.5" adjustable shocks with remote reservoir

Initially they will be rough but I plan on getting an armored front bumper and winch and a armored rear bumper with tire carrier so that should settle them down a little bit. Anyone else running a similar set up?

2. Aug 18, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    rolltide05

rolltide05 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micheal
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4wd
    Toytec Ultimate, Wheelers 3 Leaf, Light Racing UCA's, Billy 5100s Tinted Windows, Diff Breather Mod, Roof Rack
    I would opt for King over the Fox IMHO

3. Aug 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    I like it, except the leaves. Deaver or OME seem to have fewer reported issues.

4. Aug 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    What problems have the AP expedition leaf packs had? I havent come across any issues (other than a stiff ride) in my searches.

Rolltide, why do you reccomend the Kings over the Fox shocks? Other people feel the same way? What reasons for this?

5. Aug 18, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    rolltide05

rolltide05 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micheal
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4wd
    Toytec Ultimate, Wheelers 3 Leaf, Light Racing UCA's, Billy 5100s Tinted Windows, Diff Breather Mod, Roof Rack
    Both are progressive in dampening but I believe the King has better valving and bar none better corrosion resistance. For the money I would opt for the Kings. Icon is nice as well if you have them take some of the low speed compression off.If not they can be a little stiff on the small stuff but really come into thier own at higher speeds due to the digressive dampening. Dont get me wrong there isnt anything wrong with buying a pair a Fox's, I just believe the King is on top.

6. Aug 18, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ok, thanks. Good write up, I will keep that all in mind. From what i read the Fox's ordered from Allpro Offroad are valved specifically for our Tacoma's. I havent specifically talked with anyone at Allpro about them yet but I plan on asking about that specifically.

Anyone with Fox or Kings care to chime in, I am curious on other peoples opinions as well.

7. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Morning bump!!!

8. Aug 20, 2011 at 4:43 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Maybe it was the older AP packs but many have reported premature sagging. I have heard rpo many horror stories about most AP products to trust them at all. I'm sire that there will be an AP fanboy along shortly to five me shit about this but I am just stating my opinion.

9. Aug 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate your opinion so no worries. I have read alot of peoples opinions on the All-pro stuff but at the same time I know people who have it and seem to love it. Like anything your going to hear people on both sides of that fence, but I do appreciate you chiming in. I have AP skids as they were my best option for what I needed and they havent let me down yet.

I know that the standard AP leafs were really soft which had great flex for wheeling but bad for any loads. The AP expedition packs are essentially the same as the deaver expedition packs as far as I can tell.

Products Discussed in

To Top