Notices

Pricing for install

Old 08-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
THE Gavin Fritz.
Gavinfritz101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gavin
Gavinfritz101's Tacoma Gallery
Pricing for install

What's the cheapest place to put on bilstein 5100s on all fours? I don't want to do it myself.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
At least do the rears yourself if you don't want to mess with the coilovers..
thats understandable, but replacing your rear shocks takes like 20 minutes,
and if you are ordering new coils too, which I definitely recommend
so you don't have to pay for it twice.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked the "ongoing lift price" thread that is stickied at the top of this section?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
This may be a stupid question but... If you buy front 5100s and OME or Eibach springs, can a mechanic assemble them and then an average guy remove the stock springs/shocks and install the new ones? Is it just unbolt the old and bolt in the new?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
This may be a stupid question but... If you buy front 5100s and OME or Eibach springs, can a mechanic assemble them and then an average guy remove the stock springs/shocks and install the new ones? Is it just unbolt the old and bolt in the new?

I put my rears on myself. Then i took the front ones off myself, took them to a buddy of mine who works at a machine shop and he exchanged the coils on them. I then took the new shocks and coils back to my truck and put them on myself.

Local shop was going to charge me $250 to do this with alignment. It ended up costing myself $100 and a cold beer for alignment and mount.

P.S. A lift will make it a whole lot easier but its not hard to do.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been quoted from $150 - 250 with alignment.

My buddies shop is doing it for $100 without alignment (I have lifetime alignment at firestone )
Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
THE Gavin Fritz.

Who were you quoted by?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just some local shops

I would give you names but your in tx but if any needs to use them pm me and I'll give you their number
Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
poodleracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
poodleracer's Tacoma Gallery
This is a great thread thanks for posting. I have an 08 Double cab Tacoma with TRD off road package. I'm thinking of a 2" or 3" lift, not much just to look a little more beefy. I have been looking at the different lift kits out there and the spacers look to be just pieces of plate, maybe with a hole for alignment.

My question is this; has anyone tried or heard of anyone trying to fab their own spacers?

I worked in a custom metal shop for 3 years and still have friends there this seems pretty straight forward. Is there some level of complexity I am missing? I'm thinking i can make spacers on my own and then would just have to buy longer u-bolts and some hardware. What have you heard?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
THE Gavin Fritz.

Spacers are crap, please don't use them. They just build up tension. But do whatever you want
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinfritz101 View Post
Spacers are crap, please don't use them. They just build up tension. But do whatever you want

X2
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
poodleracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
poodleracer's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know. What would recommend? I want to make it as cheap as possible but I don't want crap. I'm just kind of starting to get feelers out there.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #13
THE Gavin Fritz.

I believe that a good route to go is with 5100s and eibachs in front and an aal In the back. This is what I plan on doing