Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Thinking of Lift (Eibach's w/ 5100's at 0.85", ToyTec AAL) - RIDE QUALITY????

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
gilliamjc is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
gilliamjc's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Thinking of Lift (Eibach's w/ 5100's at 0.85", ToyTec AAL) - RIDE QUALITY????

I'm wanting to add a mild lift to my DC Prerunner and run 265/75/16 tires.
Ride quality is the most important, I'm willing to spend a little more to keep a better ride, as I don't off road.

Thinking about going with the Eibach coils and 5100's set @ 0.85" to get about 2.5" of lift in the front, and the AAL with 5100's in the rear.

For those of you running this setup - are you satisfied? What's the ride quality like? (And YES, I did use the search function and read lots of other posts first!!)

Thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have aftermarket upper control arms? You might need them at 2.5" of lift.

I've got them with 5100's at 0 and love the ride quality. The Eibach's are stiffer than the OEM coils and hold the road well. They don't dive when on the brakes or roll into corners. I think they're great!

For the back, which AAL are you looking at, the 1.5" or 2"? Icon and Wheelers make a 1.5" 3-leaf progressive AAL that rides very nice! It's more expensive but comes with new u-bolts and centering pins. I have never had a single AAL but am very happy with the 3-leaf AAL.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliamjc View Post
I'm wanting to add a mild lift to my DC Prerunner and run 265/75/16 tires.
Ride quality is the most important, I'm willing to spend a little more to keep a better ride, as I don't off road.

Thinking about going with the Eibach coils and 5100's set @ 0.85" to get about 2.5" of lift in the front, and the AAL with 5100's in the rear.

For those of you running this setup - are you satisfied? What's the ride quality like? (And YES, I did use the search function and read lots of other posts first!!)

Thanks
I have eibachs, 5100s at .85, drivers side spacer and AAL. I am happy with it. It gave me a full 3" of lift and I am running stock uca's with no problems. I would suggest a 2" AAL if you have the 3 leaf setup so that it doesnt sit nose high. Clears 285/75-16s with just the usual minor trimming.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
You will not be dissapointed at all. Like many others on here, i have the same setup and love the ride height and quality. I gained right between 2.5"-3" of lift and another 1" of lift with my tires. Check out my build thread link below for all my info!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
I have had this set up for a little less than a week and I'm very impressed with the ride quality. As mentioned above I would go with new uca's especially if your going to set the 5100's at .85.

Here is a brief write up of my install.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ar-shocks.html

Post pics when your done
Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Im running it. Get 5100's for the rear with the AALs I have top plate spacers in the front and is set at .85 and rides great! Youll clear 285's if you want to I am
Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact set up and my ride quality on the road is amazing. In back I have the TSB done and the Toytec AAL and again, the ride is amazing. You will be very happy with it. I dont have UCA's and dont need them, the shop that did my alignment said it was no issue.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only downfall to 285's and this setup is your gas mileage goes down ALOT. But it looks good and rides great!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #9
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and go with this setup.

One more question: as for an AAL - should I go with the standard AAL (from Toytec), or one of the 3 leaf progressive AAL's?

Thanks again
Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Super Mod!

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and go with this setup.

One more question: as for an AAL - should I go with the standard AAL (from Toytec), or one of the 3 leaf progressive AAL's?

Thanks again
I have the toytec 2" and it sits level go with the 2"
Old 08-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This is 5100 set @ 0 w/ OME 885X coil and it rides very good. I do have top plate spacers and I had a little more than 3" of lift until it settled a bit. Now about right on 3" of lift. I never had the Eibachs, but I have had the 5100s @ 2.5 w/ stock coils and I thought it was pretty bumpy OME are cush!!!!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
this is the exact lift i'm gonna run....now just trying to decide wether to get a simple aal or a progressive aal.

if i'm not going to do any wheeling (just pavement and snow) is it going to make that much of a difference for me?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #13
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Runnin' the same. Luv it on/off road.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #14

Just want to be sure.....If i'm going to run the 5100/eibachs at .85, i would need a 2" aal or progressive aal to be level or just have a slight rake?

I don't want to be nose high at all.

I saw that wheelers has a 1.5" progressive aal. would this give me enough lift to be level with the front running 5100/eibachs set at .85?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
Just want to be sure.....If i'm going to run the 5100/eibachs at .85, i would need a 2" aal or progressive aal to be level or just have a slight rake?

I saw that wheelers has a 1.5" progressive aal. would this give me enough lift to be level with the front running 5100/eibachs set at .85?
The ride is amazing, on and off road.

I've got the Eibachs/5100's @ 0.85" with TSB rear springs and it sits just about level. Any weight in the rear and it will be riding nose high. I gained a little over 0.5" with the TSB springs after they settled so any aal greater than that should be what your looking for.

Also, my Eibachs/5100's got me exactly 2.5" of lift including the 1/4" drivers side lean spacer.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
Quote:

Haa! We're both thinking alike. THat's exactly what I'm trying to decide right now. I don't want the front to be higher than the rear, so I'm thinking I'll just go with the regular 2" AAL from Toytec.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Haa! We're both thinking alike. THat's exactly what I'm trying to decide right now. I don't want the front to be higher than the rear, so I'm thinking I'll just go with the regular 2" AAL from Toytec.

i think i'm just going to run the 2" toytec aal also. For my needs i don't think the progressive aal is worth the extra money for me. I don't mind a little rake just want to be as close to level without being nose high. I didn't get the tsb because i figured i was going to get a aal anyways.

BTW, are you going to run UCA's?

I'm going to run the eibach/5100 set at .85 with 1/4" spacer (taco lean) and light racing UCA's in the front.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
Quote:
i think i'm just going to run the 2" toytec aal also. For my needs i don't think the progressive aal is worth the extra money for me. I don't mind a little rake just want to be as close to level without being nose high. I didn't get the tsb because i figured i was going to get a aal anyways.

BTW, are you going to run UCA's?

I'm going to run the eibach/5100 set at .85 with 1/4" spacer (taco lean) and light racing UCA's in the front.
I guess the 2.5" lift in the front is just on the edge of needing the UCA's. I haven't decided about the UCA's yet, although I'm planning on running exactly what else you are.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #19

Quote:
I guess the 2.5" lift in the front is just on the edge of needing the UCA's. I haven't decided about the UCA's yet, although I'm planning on running exactly what else you are.

Yeah, i wasn;t going to run uca's at first because some people said it would be hit or miss if you needed them or not, but i came up on a deal for some used light racing UCA's (4000 miles) that i couldn't pass up.

i swear after i get the lift and finally install my audio system I"M DONE!!!!! this site is to addicting!!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Since I'll hit 36k miles soon, i took my truck to the dealer this week for them to 'inspect' the factory rear springs. They are ordering the TSB pack for it, should be here in a few days. Meanwhile, I ordered a set of Eibachs and 5100's for the front. I think I'll set the 5100's at 0 for now, which should compliment the rear TSB springs while keeping a nice ride. We'll see!