Notices

Tsb, aal ?

Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb, aal ?

I have to get something clarified. The TSB is only for trucks up to 07? Or is it for trucks that only have a 3 leaf pack? I am going to buy 5100's for up front and set them at around 2.5". I planned on buying a toytec AAl to lift the rear. Should I stick to my plan? Or will/should my truck qualify for the TSB? Seems how it only has a 3 pack. I know the TSB will only lift the rear around 1". I was kinda hoping for 2" with a AAL..
Thanks.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
TSB is for up to 07 Tacos but some have had good luck with their 08s and some dealers. The TSB is free vs. the AAL which costs $$... might be worth it to try to get the TSB done.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
The TSB now DOES include 08 trucks. This is a fairly recent change...there is a large thread about it.

Your truck most likely will qualify for the TSB...however the TSB is NOT a lift-It will give you between 1/2 and 1 inch in the back.

If you get the TSB- You'll have to do some extra work with an AAL to get the full 2 inches.

If I were you...I'd skip the TSB and get the AAL....It's what...70 dollars or so.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
The TSB now DOES include 08 trucks. This is a fairly recent change...there is a large thread about it.

Your truck most likely will qualify for the TSB...however the TSB is NOT a lift-It will give you between 1/2 and 1 inch in the back.

If you get the TSB- You'll have to do some extra work with an AAL to get the full 2 inches.

If I were you...I'd skip the TSB and get the AAL....It's what...70 dollars or so.
I agree. Get the AAL instead. I got the TSB done and bought a ToyTec AAL. However, to get the AAL to work with the TSB springs, you gotta kinda "make" it work. Chris4x4 says that they will work with the TSB springs, but you either have to install them backwards or cut about a 1/2" off the AAL. For that reason, I haven't tackled it yet.

As a side note, I have an '09 and the dealership didn't even blink about doing the TSB for me, although I think this is a dealership by dealership thing. The '09 isn't officially included in the TSB - but I checked my springs and the part numbers matched. It raised my back almost a full inch, but it will settle.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have to go the opposite way on this. I say GET the TSB. My truck rides much better with the TSB AND AAL than it did with the factory 3 spring and AAL.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have to go the opposite way on this. I say GET the TSB. My truck rides much better with the TSB AND AAL than it did with the factory 3 spring and AAL.
Sorry dude, I thought I read somewhere that you recommended that if you were thinking about an AAL you should skip the TSB.

That's what I get for speaking for someone else! I've learned my lesson now, sir......

Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Sorry dude, I thought I read somewhere that you recommended that if you were thinking about an AAL you should skip the TSB.

That's what I get for speaking for someone else! I've learned my lesson now, sir......

"SIR"? Dont call me that!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

oops... lol
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #10
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Chris,

I currently have an AAL and shims. Do you think I can still get the TSB done or will the dealer deny me because I already modified the leafs?
Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:
So the benefit of the TSB out weighs the hassle of installing the AAL??
Yes. The TSB springs are MUCH better than the stock ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Chris,

I currently have an AAL and shims. Do you think I can still get the TSB done or will the dealer deny me because I already modified the leafs?
You should be able to. I had my AAL in when I took it in for the TSB. Only problem was that they didnt put the AAL back in because the center pin wasnt long enough. No biggie. Also, they didnt put the new "U" bolts in, so I chewed their asses about that. I asked for the new "U" bolts and just installed everything myself. Center pins are available at any off road shop, and they sell them in only one length, you just have to cut it to size once its installed. Easy task with a hacksaw.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
okay so my best option is to get the TSB done.. And get a AAL.. Will that give me a 3" rear lift? How much did yours lift chris?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post
okay so my best option is to get the TSB done.. And get a AAL.. Will that give me a 3" rear lift? How much did yours lift chris?
I have a 1" AAL. That and the TSB springs gave 2". You can see if a spring shop can make you an AAL (which is what I did), or have them take out some arch on a 2" AAL, or search for a 1" AAL.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #15

Quote:
If I have the TSB done and a 2" AAL, will I need longer shocks or will the rear 5100s work?
The rear 5100's are desighned for a 0" to 2" rear lift. That being said, I REALLY like the ride of the 5100's and I think you should just get the shock extenders from Toytec.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #17

Quote:
ToyTecs site says that the shock extenders are for the "stock TRD Bilstein" shocks. Will they work with the 5100s? Also, will I need to extend any brake lines?
They should work just fine with the 5100 shocks. If they dont, you can always return them. I didnt extend my brake lines. I just bent the bracket to allow full droop.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
What is an AAL?
Add A Leaf.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #20
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha.....why didn't I catch that? To think I already have that done to mine anyways....

Will dealers do the TSB if a AAL is already installed?