Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment question

Old 10-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
He mentions that if the caster is to high, you will have "bump steer". This is not correct. Bumpsteer becomes more evident as the caster angle is diminished. The higher the caster, the LESS likely you will have "Bump steer".
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
He mentions that if the caster is to high, you will have "bump steer". This is not correct. Bumpsteer becomes more evident as the caster angle is diminished. The higher the caster, the LESS likely you will have "Bump steer".
Does that mean that the higher angle makes you "wander" a bit? Because I seem to experience that just a little...

Couple of questions:
1. Will caster being that high give me problems or is it just annoying?
2. ToKu mentions he set his at 2.4 for his driving taste. However, he has a 6" lift. You think I could safely go with 2.4 with 3"? Or how do I know what my "taste" is?

Oh, and slightly off topic, but I'm planning on adjusting my lift down next weekend - don't have time this weekend. But how do you know if you have fubar'd your CV joints?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Does that mean that the higher angle makes you "wander" a bit? Because I seem to experience that just a little...

Couple of questions:
1. Will caster being that high give me problems or is it just annoying?
2. ToKu mentions he set his at 2.4 for his driving taste. However, he has a 6" lift. You think I could safely go with 2.4 with 3"? Or how do I know what my "taste" is?

Oh, and slightly off topic, but I'm planning on adjusting my lift down next weekend - don't have time this weekend. But how do you know if you have fubar'd your CV joints?
That post was from when Toku had only a 3" lift.