Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements

Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #242
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Received my Dakars. They both have + signs on them. I understand these are slightly more arched than the ones marked - . How much extra lift does this typically manifest into once installed?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #243
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Received my Dakars. They both have + signs on them. I understand these are slightly more arched than the ones marked - . How much extra lift does this typically manifest into once installed?

A negligible amount of difference from ones marked 0 or --
Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #244
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
cool, thnks
Old 05-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #245
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1/4" as per OME literature
Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #246
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
The difference between a " + " and a " - " can be 1/2"
Old 05-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #247
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Like I said, negligible... kidding. Thanks for correcting, I thought it was less than that.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #248
Bush Pusher

Quote:
1/4" as per OME literature
Quote:
ok cool, thanks for clarifying. I will post my numbers later. I am hoping to get them in this weekend.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #249
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With 3rd leaf removed

DCSB - 23 3/8" (1)
AC - 23 3/8" (1)
Well shoot; I can live with that. That's only 5/8" more than my TSB springs.
Good info
Old 05-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #250
Bush Pusher

Daks went in today. DCSB.

passenger side - 25.5
drivers side - 25.25

No vibes to report. I assume they need to settle abit. Will re-measure in a week
Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #251
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Install happens tomorrow. I will measure all three undersides from hub (all wheels) to front, top, and back of fender. I'm guessing you're primarily interested in hub to bottom of fender above the wheel. I will give you more data than you asked for.

Ok. Now that I'm back from doing that it is clear why you only want hub to bottom of fender directly above the hub. That is a 90 degree measurement and easily quantified. The other measurements are from an angle and can be subjective. I did them anyway and am putting them all into a speadsheet so I can see what the entire lift does for me.

Bring on the dawn so the fun can begin.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #252
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
2009 AC 4x4 with Flippac and interior build out on drivers side of bed.
Left rear height: 23.5"
Right rear height: 24"
Old 05-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #253
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for more numbers and because I feel this is the best place to ask: I'm at 22.5 with the TSB shitpack and want to be around the 24" mark. Would I be smarter to remove the 3rd leaf or the top overload? I haul a toolbox with about 50 pounds constantly. Thanks for any help!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #254

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Bump for more numbers and because I feel this is the best place to ask: I'm at 22.5 with the TSB shitpack and want to be around the 24" mark. Would I be smarter to remove the 3rd leaf or the top overload? I haul a toolbox with about 50 pounds constantly. Thanks for any help!
The numbers are all in the OP

With a DCLB , you will be right around 24-24 1/2 with some weight in the back
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #255
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I'm too lazy to dig, at what height do you need to add brake line extenders? I'm really thinking about getting the OME kit and if I do, i'll definitely go with the dakars over just an AAL. 885s on the front.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #256

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
3" or more for sure

With the Dakars it's not necessary in most cases , but is a good idea if you intend to really flex the truck a lot
Old 05-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #258
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Switched from AAL (24.25 inches) to Dakars (25.25) inches last night.

2006 AC
Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #259

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Daks went in today. DCSB.

passenger side - 25.5
drivers side - 25.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
2009 AC 4x4
Left rear height: 23.5"
Right rear height: 24"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Switched from AAL (24.25 inches) to Dakars (25.25) inches last night.

2006 AC
Added to the OP

Thanks for the info
Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #260
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Finally did my lift/shocks today...

*TRD Sport Prerunner DCLB
*3rd leaf removed
*"-" marked
*1/8 tank gas

Driver side-24"
Passenger side-23-3/4"