LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements

Old 11-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #301
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
Full tank with bakflip g2: 25" both sides after 3 months dcsb
Did your pack have a " + " on it ?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #303
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Yea 1 set did, the other set had nothing marked on it oddly. CS047.
No marking is not unusual

They get a " + " , nothing , or a " - "

+ is above spec
nothing is spec
- is below spec
Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #305

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah gotcha, thanks for the info.
No problem

Added you to the averages in the OP
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #306
cstallings is on a distinguished road

cstallings's Tacoma Gallery
I'm working on 2.5 hours of sleep, so this may be a stupid question. Are you guys actually taking the tire off to measure at the center of the hub or are you measuring where the center of the hub would be with the tire still on?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #307
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstallings View Post
I'm working on 2.5 hours of sleep, so this may be a stupid question. Are you guys actually taking the tire off to measure at the center of the hub or are you measuring where the center of the hub would be with the tire still on?
Tire on. The measurements are for a loaded suspension.

Get some sleep.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #308
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No marking is not unusual

They get a " + " , nothing , or a " - "

+ is above spec
nothing is spec
- is below spec
I have to wonder if what you get is completely random? Both of mine had the + on them. I would have expected only one to have a + to compensate for the driver's side lean.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #309
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
I have to wonder if what you get is completely random? Both of mine had the + on them. I would have expected only one to have a + to compensate for the driver's side lean.
Same here. One + had a label covering it, so it didn't look like anyone at the shipping end cared what went out the door as long as it was the right part number.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #310

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
I have to wonder if what you get is completely random?
I'm not 100% sure
Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #311
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Same here. One + had a label covering it, so it didn't look like anyone at the shipping end cared what went out the door as long as it was the right part number.
It doesn't bother me, but I am a good 1/2 inch higher on the passenger side.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #312

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It doesn't bother me, but I am a good 1/2 inch higher on the passenger side.
You can get flat axle shims that provide height without changing the pinion angle

also , did you install a trim packer on the driver's side up front ?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #313
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I called ARB USA about the side specific leafs and they said the A & B marking define driver or passenger sides.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #314
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You can get flat axle shims that provide height without changing the pinion angle

also , did you install a trim packer on the driver's side up front ?
Yep, the trim packer/spacer is in on the front drivers side.

Didn't know about the flat axle shims, thanks for the info. Perhaps I will get to that one day. The lean doesn't really bother me, though if it gets worse I will definitely want to address it.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #315

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
I called ARB USA about the side specific leafs and they said the A & B marking define driver or passenger sides.
That's a first gen thing , this is a 2nd gen thread
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #316

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, the trim packer/spacer is in on the front drivers side.

Didn't know about the flat axle shims, thanks for the info. Perhaps I will get to that one day. The lean doesn't really bother me, though if it gets worse I will definitely want to address it.
http://stores.streetacos.com/-strse-...sh-/Detail.bok
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #317
cstallings is on a distinguished road

cstallings's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Get some sleep.
That is what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't completely missing the boat!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #318
Bush Pusher

Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #319
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Get some sleep.
I did my last round of measurements from the top lip of my rim to edge of fender..seems to work easier to compare left to right.

Products Discussed in this Thread