Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements

Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #321
abarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Alex
abarber11's Tacoma Gallery
Installed today. Hope they don't settle too much

DCSB w/ long overload removed from the pack, a Snugtop XV, and optima 31 behind the rear d side passenger seat = 23.75D/24.25P with a full tank of gas. Average 24"
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #322
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarber11 View Post
Installed today. Hope they don't settle too much

DCSB w/ long overload removed from the pack, a Snugtop XV, and optima 31 behind the rear d side passenger seat = 23.75D/24.25P with a full tank of gas. Average 24"
By long overload , do you mean one of the two bottom overloads ?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #323
abarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to beholdabarber11 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Alex
abarber11's Tacoma Gallery
yes sorry, the top overload or the long overload, second to bottom
Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #324
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarber11 View Post
yes sorry, the top overload or the long overload, second to bottom
OK , added to the averages

Thanks
Old 11-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #325
S4RSSS is on a distinguished road
S4RSSS's Tacoma Gallery
2006 AC V6 4x4
Installed over 2 years ago (July 2011):
OME CS047R "+" on both sides w/ D29XL AAL to the DS only

Measurement today (November 2013) w/ 5/8th full tank
DS: 24 7/8"
PS: 24 1/2
"

additional weight sitting above the dakars:
CBI Bushmaster 2.0 bumper
Leer aluminum contractor shell
hannibal roof rack
30lb of tools in toolbox (DS)
hannibal awning (PS)
hi-lift mounted (PS)
ARB 50qt (PS)
Rigid 40" light mounted to front of hannibal rack
Old 11-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #327
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Where dose the D29XL leaf go? top of the pack or bottom on top of the overload leafs?
Old 11-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #328
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Not top or bottom. It has to be integrated into the pack. Looking for a photo.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #329
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Where do I place an additional leaf (AAL) in my leaf pack?

Old Man Emu additional leafs (OME D1XL, etc) are designed to fit in the pack according to their length. So when fitting in the pack, they will always go underneath a spring that is longer and above a spring that is shorter, keeping with the hierarchy of the spring pack. This applies to the normal active springs, not the short/thick overload leaves that are on the bottom layer of some heavy duty option springs such as the CS004R, etc. Likewise, the direction of the leaf in the pack should match the rest of the spring, i.e. the long side of the AAL (measured from either end to the spring pin hole) should match that of the existing leaves. The spring pin supplied by OME should be adequately long enough to add an additional leaf in most applications. If yours appears to have less than 1/4" of additional thread or has been cut/damage, please discuss a new pin at time of order.

And from earlier in this thread. The loose AAL is on the bottom, Dakar spring in middle (D29XL not installed), OEM on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
It depends on what AAL you have , my D29XL I had to install it between the 2nd and 3rd leaf from top.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #331
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Where do I place an additional leaf (AAL) in my leaf pack?

Old Man Emu additional leafs (OME D1XL, etc) are designed to fit in the pack according to their length. So when fitting in the pack, they will always go underneath a spring that is longer and above a spring that is shorter, keeping with the hierarchy of the spring pack. This applies to the normal active springs, not the short/thick overload leaves that are on the bottom layer of some heavy duty option springs such as the CS004R, etc. Likewise, the direction of the leaf in the pack should match the rest of the spring, i.e. the long side of the AAL (measured from either end to the spring pin hole) should match that of the existing leaves. The spring pin supplied by OME should be adequately long enough to add an additional leaf in most applications. If yours appears to have less than 1/4" of additional thread or has been cut/damage, please discuss a new pin at time of order.

And from earlier in this thread. The loose AAL is on the bottom, Dakar spring in middle (D29XL not installed), OEM on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It goes below the 3rd leaf down from the top
Thanks for the info. Just got a used set with the top overload removed and trying to figure out if I want to order the D29XL leaf or not before I put them on. I have switched out my packs a few times and it sucks to get done and not have the numbers you are looking for.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #332

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I see some new posts with people installing Daks

Time to post up your numbers
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #333
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
2011 DCSB

885's front
Dakar rear
Leer canopy

Drivers - 24 1/2
Passenger - 24 1/4.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #334

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
2011 DCSB

885's front
Dakar rear
Leer canopy

Drivers - 24 1/2
Passenger - 24 1/4.

Added to the averages in the OP

Thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #335
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Question/request for the trd off road guys. What is the stock measurement from centerline of hub to wheelwell lip? I want to see if my lift has settled any and I never wrote down the stock numbers
Old 01-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #336
joeybags is on a distinguished road
Name: joe
joeybags's Tacoma Gallery
dcsb driverside 24 3/4 passenger side 25 with a full tank of gas
Old 01-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #337
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybags View Post
dcsb driverside 24 3/4 passenger side 25 with a full tank of gas
Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #338

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Thanks

Those aren't stock numbers
Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #339

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Those aren't stock numbers
Oops. Ok thanks Oz. Still hoping for a stock number
Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #340
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
lookin for some info here guys.

what number from hub to fender in the rear would be level to 3" of lift up front? I THINK the hub to fender numbers for front are around 24.. correct me if im wrong.

looking to replace my Icon 3 leaf pack (1.5" over stock) with something a little beefier as the Icons have already flattened out and are way too soft. just want to be level to 3" up front and not have them flatten out on me.

Thanks ~ Moose