Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements

Old 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Hey, I want numbers, what the F. This thread will give us info about Dakars lift on different Tacoma's. WTF i'm sick of hearing every Tacoma is different. I'm not trying to rip on any parts. I got more than lift than I was told. What 5K members and no one has them or time to post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You were claiming 4" in another thread , but you only got 1/2" more than me on the hub to fender measurement .

I measured right before and after install , and I got exactly 2 3/4"

That don't add up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Dude its 25" , I don't remember the other post I dont BS and don't have time to look (that's a lie) I don't want to. It is what it is, I walked my ass outside move my truck on a flat surface was bit by many mosquitoes and posted. Take that light & rubber hose and put it away. I don't lie.........
Post #8
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3440926
Just sayin'
Old 08-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #23
The Primeministah
ItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
ItsHerTruck's Tacoma Gallery
24" DCSB
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #24
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Strong 24-1/4"
DCLB, no extra weight.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #25
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm...I was hoping the numbers were gonna be a little higher. I got 24" from a 1.5" non tsb AAL and I need a little more so I was thinking of going with the leaf pack.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #26
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
Hmmm...I was hoping the numbers were gonna be a little higher. I got 24" from a 1.5" non tsb AAL and I need a little more so I was thinking of going with the leaf pack.
You can add an extra leaf (d29xl) to the Dakars to add 5/8-3/4" more height .
Old 08-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #27
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the numbers coming , I will edit the OP with an average for each truck type
Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #28
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
note: measurements taken while truck was in an uneven parking lot angle down on the passenger side (lot higher on driver side)

passenger 24"
driver 25"

so with the sloped lot skewing my measurements, i'd say i'm around 24 1/2" on dakars from 2006 and close to 70k miles on them
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #29
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post

shackle flip kit (if they can ever get through R&D stage) from ATO should add another inch maybe and would also increase performance
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
shackle flip kit (if they can ever get through R&D stage) from ATO should add another inch maybe and would also increase performance
Defined Engineering makes a greasable shackle for the 2nd Gens now too

http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html
Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Defined Engineering makes an extended greasable shackle for the 2nd Gens now too , gain about 3/4"

http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html

funny i was just looking at that too...

you know anyone who has installed these yet?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
funny i was just looking at that too...

you know anyone who has installed these yet?
No , but Defined was going to become a vendor on here , I think there are some guys on TTORA running them .

Boyd ( Oswego ) let me know about these guys when I was talking to him about greasable shackles

That thread is probably deleted now
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You can pm him , TW member Defined
Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #34
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure there's another thread rattling around here somewheres that has this - but maybe that's measured at the front not the back. Anyhow, shortly after installing, I measured heights as follows:

After installation and one day of driving, center hub to top of front fender is 23" in the front, and 25.5" in the back. It's a quarter inch higher on the driver's side, which is fine by me with the gas tank close to empty and no one sitting in the seat.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #36
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Measured on flat ground and was 24 1/2 - 3/4" passenger and 24 1/4 - 1/2" driver
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Measured on flat ground and was 24 1/2 - 3/4" passenger and 24 1/4 - 1/2" driver
I rounded you to 24 1/2" for the averages in the OP

Thanks for the input
Old 08-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I rounded you to 24 1/2" for the averages in the OP

Thanks for the input

oh sweet... i like that...do you know what the stock measurement is?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My rear measurements with my somewhat flat stock Canadian 4 leaf pack was 21 3/4" in the rear prior to adding the Daks
Old 08-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #40

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My rear measurements with my somewhat flat stock Canadian 4 leaf pack was 21 3/4" in the rear prior to adding the Daks
That was nearly identical to what mine was as well.