1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spindle lift? body lift? need some help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sbr975, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Aug 21, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    sbr975

sbr975 [OP] Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 4.0l TRD Sport
    Hey, I am looking to lift my 2004 sr5 3.7l taco but i am fairly new to the whole idea of lifting a truck and I need some help on deciding what the best lift for me would be. This might be a repost but i've been lookin around for months to try and get some straight info but everything i've seen isn't really helping, but instead it's just making me more confused and producing more questions. So for god's sake help a brotha out. I was looking at the toytec 3 inch lift. here is a link... The toytec is in my price range and really provides basically the amount of lift that I need. I just want to fit some bigger tires on and give my bumper a little clearance while wheeling. Also, while reading around I heard of a spindle lift? what the hell is that and is it better than the toytec lift. I know the toytec won't provide a very smooth ride, and a suspension lift is better but i just can't afford the whole suspension lift. Is the toytec the way to go, or a spindle, or should i just say screw it since I can't afford to do it the right way?

Thanks in advance fellas,
    Steve

2. Aug 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    Joels98taco

Joels98taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    i would avoid the spacer lift at all costs. get yourself some adjustable 5100s up front and an aal and 5100s in the rear

and a spindle lift is what i have. its the part that holds your hub and brakes on. and connects the upper and lower control arms

3. Aug 22, 2011 at 12:15 AM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 Ex Fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Rialto CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    LSK Race Kit, King Shocks, Methods, Glassworks, Baja Designs, Built by myself.
    Dont do spacer lift. And a spindle lift wont be cheap at all, unless your a 5 lug haha.
    This is what you want. But rear shocks dont lift. And you would have to get shackes, add a leaf or block to raise the rear. And reuse stock springs up front.

4. Aug 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    Joels98taco

Joels98taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joel
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    98 5 lug tacoma
    fabtech 3" spindles, icon aal, 10" bilstein 7100 rear shocks, daystar coil spacers, AFE Pro Dry-s drop in filter, sony head unit, 2 12" pioneer subs, pioneer 6.5s all around, custom 1.25 lift shackles, custom lower ball joint brackets fabbed by me
    only 1st gen spindles i know of are 1800+ :eek: and yes we 5 luggers got it easy! :D

5. Aug 22, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    wannatoy570

wannatoy570 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Lock Haven, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    I have the spacer lift and will sell it to your if that's really what you want if you want it cheap, but if your not 2wd now you will be if you go with the spindle lift.

6. Aug 23, 2011 at 2:07 AM
    sbr975

sbr975 [OP] Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 4.0l TRD Sport
    Alright so the spindle lift is out of the question, but i have looked at the bilstein 5100's before but i wasnt sure if they were what I was looking for. Although now that you mentioned the aal I could see how they would work. It is in my price range too. Thanks a lot guys you were a big help.

Any ideas on a good add a leaf? Or just the toytec ones?

7. Aug 23, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    if your looking for a good cheap lift just check out toytecs website

Products Discussed in