1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

those who did the Wheeler's AAL

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by packfan88, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Aug 22, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    packfan88

packfan88 [OP] Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    I just read that if you had a leaf that is longer on one side of the centering pin than the other it needs to go in certain way. I didnt measure it, and it looked equal to my naked eye. I didnt read anything about checking into this until now, and i assume the difference would be noticable right out of the box. no clue.

So untli i can get out there and measure it, maybe someone can put my mind at ease. If you put ina Wheelers #WHE ACH32 (the 2" AAL), do you remember if it was longer on one side of the centering pin?

I will look it over tomorrow.

For anyone else doign an AAL install, make sure you look to make sure your leaf is put in the stack properly. remember, do as i say and not as i do (or it will be wrong).

2. Aug 22, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    flash311

flash311 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    I just installed the wheelers 1.5" aal and the hole was dead center, I know you got the 2" though. I have seen a post from someone who installed an offset aal backwards with no major ill effects.

3. Aug 22, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Mine was offset from center. I installed with the longer part faced forward to help counteract axle wrap.

4. Aug 23, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    packfan88

packfan88 [OP] Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    i just gave it a quick measurement. either its too dark to see or i got it right with out trying. The only way its incorrect is if the difference in the long side and the short side is less than 1 inch. i measured 16" from the center oin to the back of the leaf and 15" from the centerign pin to the front of the AAL.

RelentlessTaco, when you put your's on, do you remember it being a big enough difference you saw it no problem or is it somethign like 1" or less?

5. Aug 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It doesn't matter which way you install them but the longer side is supposed to be toward the rear of the truck. People have run them both ways, some intentionally, some by accident and neither orientation will cause any problems.

6. Aug 23, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    My wheeler's 1.5" AALs were dead even on either end of the center pin, about 15" both ways, give or take an eighth.

Products Discussed in

To Top