Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100's.... Want to go 1-2" higher... HELP!

Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
jeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to behold
jeremy25056's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100's.... Want to go 1-2" higher... HELP!

Title says it all, I have 5100 bilstein's set at top hight. How do i got about lifting another inch or two. What complications will i run into? will it be as easy as adding a spacer on top of the strut? or body lift?

Thanks for all your help.

Jeremy

Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
So ur sitting at 2.5. U could add a .25 spacer to each side. Anything else over that is not recommended.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
jeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to beholdjeremy25056 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
So ur sitting at 2.5. U could add a .25 spacer to each side. Anything else over that is not recommended.
Gotcha, not recommended meaning...??
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy25056 View Post
Gotcha, not recommended meaning...??
Its not recommended if you want to keep your truck running in good working condition
Old 08-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Are you 2wd or 4wd?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Anything higher than 3" puts too much stress on your CV boots and stock UCA's...Overall not a good idea.

To go higher than 3" you need to start looking at dropped bracket lifts.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If you are 2wd you can go spindles

if 4wd , you can go about 3 1/4" max or go to a drop bracket lift to go higher
Old 08-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #8
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

This is what I was getting at tanks OZ
Old 08-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Are you 2wd or 4wd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Anything higher than 3" puts too much stress on your CV boots and stock UCA's...Overall not a good idea.

To go higher than 3" you need to start looking at dropped bracket lifts.
Quote:

I am 4x4. Drop brackets.... Im sorry for being a newb... anyone have a link to some reading up i can do on it?

Say i just do the spacers, will i have to worry about the lift/alignment?

Jeremy
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Street glide or die

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

Read this it will help.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Jeremy
You don't wanna stack lifts
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #12
Quote:
You don't wanna stack lifts
I didn't mean lift, i meant just spacing the wheels/tire out.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #13
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am 4x4. Drop brackets.... Im sorry for being a newb... anyone have a link to some reading up i can do on it?

Jeremy
I'm not a DB lift expert. look up pro-comp and fabtec 6" lifts. I think rough country makes a 4" too.

With the spacers, on top of the 2.5, you'll probably have alignment issues, on top of stressed CV boots.

EDIT: didnt see you reply to oz about the spacers.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't mean lift, i meant just spacing the wheels/tire out.
Oh , sorry

Yes you can add wheel spacers , you shouldn't need to re-align it for that .
Old 08-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I'm not a DB lift expert. look up pro-comp and fabtec 6" lifts. I think rough country makes a 4" too.

With the spacers, on top of the 2.5, you'll probably have alignment issues, on top of stressed CV boots.

EDIT: didnt see you reply to oz about the spacers.
Thank you for the input.

Quote:
Oh , sorry

Yes you can add wheel spacers , you shouldn't need to re-align it for that .

Well i guess i will start there and see how it is. Any recommendations for spacers?

J
Old 08-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well i guess i will start there and see how it is. Any recommendations for spacers?

J
Lots of guys on here running these

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72