1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing coilovers and UCA questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by brs127s, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Aug 24, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    brs127s

brs127s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    04 D-Cab 4x4 Limited TRD
    TRD Headers, Aero Turbine AT2525XL Deckplate Mod, TRD tranny cooler, King Coilovers, LR UCAs, Alcan 5 Leaf springs and Bilstein 5100s, Shrockworks front bumper, CBI rear bumper.
    Hey guys, I have searched the forums and read alot of information, but still have some questions. I am going to install Toytec coilovers and LR UCAs to replace my spacer lift. When I put the spacer/strut assembly on, I seperated at the lower ball joints. Based upon what I have read, I shouldn't have to do that this time should I? Does anybody have any basic tips for doing this swap?

Would it be beneficial to go ahead and change the lower ball joints (still the originals with just under 98,000 miles) while I am swapping in the coilovers and UCAs?

2. Mar 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    I have Light Racing UCAs waiting for me to install them. I plan on cutting the heads off of the original UCA mounting bolts in order to get them out w/out bending my inner fenders. Since I'll already be purchasing new UCA bolts, is it a good idea to go ahead and replace the associated nuts and the steel washers as well (one nut and two washers per side)? Or, is it completely okay to simply reuse those washers and nuts?

Also, if I should replace them, what are the part #s for the washers? (I can't find them anywhere.)

Thanks!

3. Mar 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders
    I just installed my LR UCA's I cut the OEM long bolt and reinstalled new ones going the opposite direction, don't forget to use the new washers included with your UCA's! I reused the same nut/washer on the outer end and have not had any issues yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top