Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Anything I need to know when installing new leaf pack?

Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Anything I need to know when installing new leaf pack?

Bought some used leafs with Icon 1.5" aal attached to them from another member. Anything I need to know about installing the leaf pack or shackles that would be helpful? Looks like I will have to pull the shackles out to replace the leaf's...will they realign easily? Can I re-use the U bolts?...the pack seems to be the same height as the old stock ones that are flat now. Was going to use anti-sieze on the pivots of the leafs...is that okay? Any advice would be appreciated as this seems pretty straight forward but things that seems easy don't always turn out that way1
Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's pretty straight forward. Be aware of the rear brake lines, when you drop the axle to get the old leaf pack out and the new one in, it's easy to forget about the brake line and stretch it. I undid the bolt that holds it to the rear axle to give it a few more inches of play. Other than that, PB Plaster the hell out of the bolts the night before so the break away easier. I'm not sure if your stock u-bolts will be long enough... The Icon 3-leaf AAL comes with new U bolts for that reason. They might work, just not 100% sure... Good luck!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
One quick tip. Install the front bolt in the leaf first, then you can move the shackle to line up the rear bolt. It makes a world of difference, much easier.