Notices

Eibach question

Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
THE Gavin Fritz.
Gavinfritz101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gavin
Gavinfritz101's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach question

I've heard that with eibach coils on 5100s in front that it gives you too much lift if you don't have a certain bumper. I have a grill guard would that help?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if that is true but a grill guard wouldn't help with fitting a lift
Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinfritz101 View Post
I've heard that with eibach coils on 5100s in front that it gives you too much lift if you don't have a certain bumper. I have a grill guard would that help?
I have no idea what you are talking about here.....
Old 08-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Eibachs give 3" of lift on the zero setting with the billys, and you shouldn't set them at anything above that.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old wives tale. You'll be fine.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Eibachs give 3" of lift on the zero setting with the billys, and you shouldn't set them at anything above that.
Not true, you can go as much as .85 with the Eibachs and 5100's. I know, I am running them now. They do not give a full 3" of lift without the top plate spacer. More like 2-2.5" with a bullbar or something light up front.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
I running the Eibachs and 5100's and it gave me almost 4" with stock bumper.

They should settle down to almost 3"
Old 08-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Not true, you can go as much as .85 with the Eibachs and 5100's. I know, I am running them now. They do not give a full 3" of lift without the top plate spacer. More like 2-2.5" with a bullbar or something light up front.
+1

im at the same settings and you need the spacer to get a true 3

might be different on a 1st gen tho.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
The Eibachs give 3" of lift for first gens. They are a completely different spring than the 2nd gen ones, which give 1.6".

Let's not contribute to the spreading of false info that has been such an issue on this forum the last few months.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, was not aware this was for a 1st gen!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
My Eibachs on my 5100's set at 0.85 gave me 2.6" of lift at first with my stock UCA's. After I installed my Light Racing UCA's I ended up at very close to 3"(2.8-2.9"), which is weird, but oh well. I have 23" from my front hub to the wheel well, and my CV boot fins don't touch at all. This is on a short box double cab 4x4 with 6 speed manual. Rides great.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Lol... 2nd gen fail^

Again.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
on first gens you suppose to set the billies at 0 and then the coils will give you 3 inches they set not to set it any higher than zero. for first gens the setting are 0,1.75,2.5. not sure what you mean about the bumber i have billies set at 0 with ebiach coils. check my pics out to see what it looks like