Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Leaf/Shocks Help

Old 08-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Krasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
Krasus22's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leaf/Shocks Help

Hello all...

Well I wasn't too smart when I purchased my rear leafs from All Pro and then got some Bilstein 5100 rear shocks. The All Pro rear leafs will provide a 3" lift for my truck but the rear shocks will not fit on my truck. Sooo I am kind of at a loss right now. Should I upgrade to better shocks which seem to now cost about another $399 just for the rears or do I sell the All Pro leafs and just do an add a leaf.

And rather then getting this all installed right when I purchased it, I waited and saved money ... well now I am over 30 days and I cannot return my product. If anyone could provide any help or opinions I would truly and greatly appreciate it!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Call dsm and see if u can send them the brand new 5100 and pay the difference for 5125 or 5150.

Or i'll send u my rear setup for yours.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
psh. you silly.

Now the only way to make this right is to give me that leaf pack, and I'll give you my OEM ones....

IMO, you should put the 5100's up for sale here (there will always be, at minimum, 17 large boat-loads of people looking for new 5100's ) and get some 5150's. Might cost you a little more money, but the 5150's will be worth the wait
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Krasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura aboutKrasus22 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for the retarded questions but dsm?

So a good upgrade would be to the bilstein 5125 or 5150?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasus22 View Post
Sorry for the retarded questions but dsm?

So a good upgrade would be to the bilstein 5125 or 5150?
Down south motorsports

Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
psh. you silly.

Now the only way to make this right is to give me that leaf pack, and I'll give you my OEM ones....

IMO, you should put the 5100's up for sale here (there will always be, at minimum, 17 large boat-loads of people looking for new 5100's ) and get some 5150's. Might cost you a little more money, but the 5150's will be worth the wait
Ok so def the message of the day is keep the leafs and just upgrade the shocks? I def would rather do that just was worried that it might not be really worth it
Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Down south motorsports

Thank you!!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you!!
Not a problem. They will answer any questions u have.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You'll get much more travel from the 5150's over the 5100's anyways- try give sonny and marco a call (The guys at DSM) they carry bilsteins, have a TW discount, and have a very good record with helping TW members. Everyone wins!

Best of luck to you, after the install...
Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #10

Quote:
You'll get much more travel from the 5150's over the 5100's anyways- try give sonny and marco a call (The guys at DSM) they carry bilsteins, have a TW discount, and have a very good record with helping TW members. Everyone wins!

Best of luck to you, after the install...
Ha ok Thank you so much!! I truly appreciate it! Going to call them in a few. Just one last question, how much would you say a installation of front shocks, coilovers, rear leafs and rear shocks should cost. Got an estimate earlier today for $300.

And I promise pictures will be posted like no other once the install is complete.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I would try to trade for 5125's that's what I'm running
Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha ok Thank you so much!! I truly appreciate it! Going to call them in a few. Just one last question, how much would you say a installation of front shocks, coilovers, rear leafs and rear shocks should cost. Got an estimate earlier today for $300.

And I promise pictures will be posted like no other once the install is complete.
I usually charge a case of beer. Post up in your region and im sure you'll get some tw folks who are always willing to lend a hand.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #13

I'm no labor-cost expert but 300 sounds okay...

But you're in Cali, so you could probably try and find someone who'll do the install for a few beers on TW

EDIT:

They beat me. But Zac just reinforced my point
Old 08-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I usually charge a case of beer. Post up in your region and im sure you'll get some tw folks who are always willing to lend a hand.

Quote:
I'm no labor-cost expert but 300 sounds okay...

But you're in Cali, so you could probably try and find someone who'll do the install for a few beers on TW

EDIT:

They beat me. But Zac just reinforced my point

Well I just called DSM and talked to Marco and man he really helped me out! Thank you for the recommendation!! I truly appreciate it guys, going to save me some good money! Can't wait to post pics!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #15

Eventually I'm going to replace my rear suspension with a similar setup (plus a few things...) So let us know how it goes!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Eventually I'm going to replace my rear suspension with a similar setup (plus a few things...) So let us know how it goes!

Of course! Was def bummed this morning but now I am truly excited to get this going again!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My goal is allpro exp springs and 5150's.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Of course! Was def bummed this morning but now I am truly excited to get this going again!
What you end up going with(What they recommened)?

I too have 5100s in back but about to put on an AAL(with TSB) and I'm worried bout same prob. I did see shock extenders on Toytecs site I was thinkin about for temp fix...
Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
What you end up going with(What they recommened)?

I too have 5100s in back but about to put on an AAL(with TSB) and I'm worried bout same prob. I did see shock extenders on Toytecs site I was thinkin about for temp fix...
I am going to drive down to DSM and buy another set of 5100s that are actually another model type that is made for a 3" lift instead. The 5150s are still an option. Just depends on funds.