Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Idea, whats your opinion?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Idea, whats your opinion?

here is the situation, I have a set of 33x12.50R18 Nitto Mud Grapplers. If you were in this situation which lift setup would you use 3" or 6", to clear these tires? I am thinking 3" procomp, but what are your ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated. Post pics if you have any too!!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

only suspension lifts as well
Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The main complaint about the ProComp 3" lift is that it rides rough.

IMO 6" lifts with only 33's looks silly.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Redbandit is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
Redbandit's Tacoma Gallery
I run 33x12.50x15 with 3 inch coils in front and OME DAKAR leafs in the rear and its a perfect fit.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The main complaint about the ProComp 3" lift is that it rides rough.

IMO 6" lifts with only 33's looks silly.
yeah, i feel the same way. i would do 35's but i hear it robs some power an MPG. do you personally think i could run 33's on 3" procomp?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
alil triming and cab mount chop on the procomp lift and youll be a super happy camper i believe thats what id do
awesome! thanks for info! BTW the color matched rear bumper on your truck is amazing!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
yeah, i feel the same way. i would do 35's but i hear it robs some power an MPG. do you personally think i could run 33's on 3" procomp?
Yes but I'm not sure why you are stuck on the procomp. There are much better lift options out there...
Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
pro comp is stiff but very affordable and is good on and off road.....theres always a better option at a price...procomp is a FULL 3in lift and everyone that has it says the same thing its stiff but they love it.....

thanx for the complement buddy look forward to seeing your truck ridin high on them 33's
Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #10
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Old man emu 3" or 5100's w/ aal.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I would say that for the same money as the procomp, 5100s with eibachs and a thin top plate spacer will offer a better ride with the same amount of lift. The mono tube shock will ride much nicer...
Old 08-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3” Procomp lift, 17x9 RBP 93R wheels with a 4.5” backspace, and 305/65/17 Procomp Xtreme AT tires. Yep, stiff ride, but I LOVE the look.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
5100's are a 2.5in lift......ome or 5100;s with eibach springs cost more then the procomp........
Yes
Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #16
NoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud of

Army: S-3 Operations
Name: Michael
NoDrAmA357HK's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp 3" with 33's (Technically 32.70 - for the Trollers)
...no cab chop needed....trimming of inner fender lining was done.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
Some do, others talk

Quote:
5100's are a 2.5in lift......ome or 5100;s with eibach springs cost more then the procomp........
i had bilsteins and eibachs on my last build. rode pretty smooth, but i wasnt sold on how much it actually lifted the truck. my 285's rubbed pretty bad with that set up.I more than likely wont take that route again
Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
Some do, others talk

Ended up selling my 33" mud grapplers. I believe im going to run the Procomp with 275/70/17 goodyear MTR w/kevlar and 17" black mickey thompson classics, any other suggestions?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Go all out and get some coilovers man, you know its worth it

nothing but the best for the benjamin button build!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #20
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coof View Post
Sell the tires, buy an american made tire, and call it a day. dont be a cheap on the tires too.
only 10 posts and already banned? sounds like a successful day