LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need help deciding on shocks

Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
trdtaco1 is on a distinguished road
trdtaco1's Tacoma Gallery
need help deciding on shocks

ok i have a 2011 quad cab trd offroad. a few weeks ago i noticed a noise from the passenger side of the truck when i hit bumps. i can tell the front shock is weak! a few months ago i did hit a big pothole with that wheel and figured its finaly telling me i f'ed it up lol. i took it into the dealer to have them look at it and they said everything looks good and it does pass the bounce test.....the mechanic went for a ride in the truck with me and did hear it and does agree with me that it is probably a half bad shock. but he said toyota wont cover it unless it leaks or doesnt pass the bounce test. and i even bounced it before i took it in to them and it does react the same as the other side. i am thinking about just getting the 5100's front and back and putting them on myself. i have no real need to lift the front end since i dont really do any offroading with it so if i put them on and set them at stock is it worth it to get the 5100's or is there any other options? i also have the rear TSB leafs on the truck. what is everyones suggestions?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
there are a lot of people here that are quite happy with the 5100's
Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailerc View Post
there are a lot of people here that are quite happy with the 5100's
What he said

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar.