1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A different dilemma...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by k2rider, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Sep 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    k2rider

k2rider [OP] Member

Member:
    North County SD
    1st off, I've owned either a truck or 4Runner since 1993 but have never lifted one. I've read nearly every thread in here that I think might help and I have to say, I'm still generally confused. That's why a guy like me goes into a shop and believes whatever he hears. The problem is, different shops give me different opinions. Anyway, here's *my* issue...

Found the 2011 DCLB Prerunner 2WD I want on a dealer website. Went to check it out and low and behold, they had already added a 3" Ready Lift and a set of Pro Comp wheels and tires. It looks great and while I may have chosen a different tire/wheel combo, I do like what they have on it. My concerns/questions revolve around the Ready Lift. Obviously, it appears most people on here aren't huge fans but the few people that do have them seem to be relatively happy with them.

I asked ORW for their opinion and they said "leave the ready lift on but still add 5100's for a better ride". 4 Wheel Parts says to
    "take the RL off and start from scratch". As I'm sure everybody knows, 4WP really pushes hard on the Pro Comp full set-ups and have for years. Option #3 of course is to just leave thier set-up on and not worry about it. I guess I won't miss the factory ride because I never had it and won't know what I'm missing. Getting the exact truck I want w/o the add-ons would be a great option but NOBODY has one in SoCal at the moment. They want me to wait for a 2012. I don't want to wait for the price increase and have the cash now.

Thanks for your input.

2. Sep 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    the problem is without new uca's you cant get the alingment right.with the price of tires(i cant afford new tires all the time)it pays to do it right.spacers are spacers and depending if you do hard wheeling those spacers will be fine(imo).i had them and didnt like the ride hence going to fox adj.c/o with ride control.hope that helps some.good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top