Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What do I need to lift?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
What do I need to lift?

I have an 06 Access Cab 4x4 with the 2.7 I4. I have just about worn out the stock tires and I am looking to slightly lift the truck to run larger tires. I would like to keep the stock wheels if possible (save money) and run either a 265 or 285 tire. What would be the best setup to allow me to do this? Thanks for the info - Jason
Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on keeping the stock wheels and running a 285 you will need a set of upper control arms, due to the factory wheel backspacing the front tires will rub on the stock UCA's. Aftermarket parts are avalible from Light Racing, which toytec sells, or Camburg, Total Chaos, and All Pro Off Road
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I have an '09 and I'm running 285/75/16s. I got the adjustable coilovers from ToyTec on Bilstein 5100s set at ~3". I also got the Total Chaos UCAs.

However, I took my wheels off yesterday and apparently, I'm still rubbing the UCAs somewhere (turning).
what about your rear leafs/shocks, did you do anything back there or do 285s fit with the stock set up?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
what about your rear leafs/shocks, did you do anything back there or do 285s fit with the stock set up?
Nope, haven't done anything yet. When I bought the 5100s, I bought the whole set, but I haven't put the rears on yet. I also bought a 2" AAL from ToyTec but haven't put that on yet either - not sure I need it. I'm waiting to see if the tonneau I bought is going to weigh the back down any.

I had the rear spring TSB done and that raised my rear almost an inch, making the back 3" higher than the front stock. So the rear 285s fit just fine.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #7
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
so does your truck sit higher in the front now or is it pretty much even? and is that what people mean when they say "leveling?"
Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #8
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
so does your truck sit higher in the front now or is it pretty much even? and is that what people mean when they say "leveling?"
Well, I'm still adjusting it...

Originally, when I put the coilovers on, I adjusted them too high and the front was almost an inch higher than the rear (see my sig pic). I adjusted down an inch last night but I think it's still a little too high to be "level".

But when people talk about leveling, they normally just get the billy 5100s and set them to 1.75 with the stock springs and it just about levels it out pretty good. In my situation, it just so happened that the rear TSB made my rear exactly 3" higher than the front, but those springs will settle some, making the rear a little shorter.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
3" Toytec or Revtek / 285's / new wheels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!