Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Suspension Self Install help

Old 09-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
OME Suspension Self Install help

I am deployed right now, about to come home, present to myself was the OME lift W/ the OME Dakars leafs

Anyone who has done the self install have any advice or tips?

Also, I've found the PDF install files for the lift and front diff drop, but no luck finding one for the rear OME leafs... I googled it found a few write ups on it...i swear i saw one on the toytec site at some point though...I dunno maybe I just went full retard and didn't see it

Where is a good place to get/barrow a "SPRING COMPRESSOR"

THX in advance

CLAYTOR
Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Also read this thread and get centre pin collars for the Dakars in case you need to use axle shims later

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...xle-shims.html
Old 09-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, will def be referencing this during the install, and the Rec for pre measurement of drivetrain being taken has been noted

I have not purchased longer brake lines, is this a must?... looked like it helped out a lot
Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
you can rent a spring compressor from most auto parts stores, or you can take it to a shop and have them put it together fo not much more , also if you plan on doing UCA's don't forget to get new UCA bolts
Old 09-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #6
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytor View Post
I am deployed right now, about to come home, present to myself was the OME lift W/ the OME Dakars leafs

Anyone who has done the self install have any advice or tips?

Also, I've found the PDF install files for the lift and front diff drop, but no luck finding one for the rear OME leafs... I googled it found a few write ups on it...i swear i saw one on the toytec site at some point though...I dunno maybe I just went full retard and didn't see it

Where is a good place to get/barrow a "SPRING COMPRESSOR"

THX in advance

CLAYTOR
just did mine. took my spring and shocks to a local tire tire and they swapped it for $50. I don't have brake lines yet. if you don't do any hardcore wheeling it'll be ok. if i had to do it again i would of picked a cooler day to do it

Old 09-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #7

Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
just did mine. took my spring and shocks to a local tire tire and they swapped it for $50. I don't have brake lines yet. if you don't do any hardcore wheeling it'll be ok. if i had to do it again i would of picked a cooler day to do it

ok so once its compressed it will stay assembled as one unit and you can just pop it in yourself. I guess i though this was something that had to be done while physically putting it on the truck. correct me if I'm wrong

Also looks like you still have stock UCAs... any alignment issues?
Old 09-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok so once its compressed it will stay assembled as one unit and you can just pop it in yourself. I guess i though this was something that had to be done while physically putting it on the truck. correct me if I'm wrong

Those look like DSMS uca's.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post

Wanna send me your stock leafs?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 AM   #12
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes it stays as one unit. I don't know about just "pop" in. i had to use a crow bar to get it in. Here's a tip: do a dry fit first, make sure the bottom of shock fit the slot on the lower arm, you might have to do a little grinding to make it fit. and those are DSM uca's.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
FrozenChozen is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
FrozenChozen's Tacoma Gallery
I did my OME install 3 days ago basically by myself. There was a guy there who was kinda supervising and helping out when I got stumped. It was 6 solid hours. But I am not the most mechanically inclined. Drivers side coil over did just go in pretty quick. Passenger was pry barring like a mofo. But once it gets going it seemed to go ok.