Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's stock springs to 5100's ome springs

Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
mako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mako86's Tacoma Gallery
5100's stock springs to 5100's ome springs

I have 5100's at 2.5 on stock sport springs. I was thinking about getting ome 885 springs and setting the 5100's at 0. Has Anyone here made the switch from billies to this setup? Is it worth it? Does it improve the ride much?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
yes and yes.

if you're a 4x4 it puts you at about 2.75" and if you're not you get just over 3"
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Canuckwithatruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Canuckwithatruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
yes and yes.

if you're a 4x4 it puts you at about 2.75" and if you're not you get just over 3"

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the numbers stated above will only be achieved with the optional spacer.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about

Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
looking for the same here with my 5100's what OME coil will be about the same lift as the 5100 @ 2.5" on my 06 DCSB Prerunner? want the front to be level with the back with wheelers 1.5" 3-leaf AAL on stock leafs + overload left in and rear 5100.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I had stocks at 2.5, went to 885 at 0, didn't like it so bumped up to 0.85, still too soft so went 886 at 0.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
what aboot the ride? soft? normal? hard? i dont mind either just wondering, i wanna do this in the future
Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Mines pretty stiff now. Stiff enough to take turns at 65 with minimal roll and no sway bar.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
NathanielG11 is on a distinguished road
Army: US Army Officer
Name: Nate
NathanielG11's Tacoma Gallery
Yup....had 5100's set at 2.5 with stock coils. Went to 885's with 5100's at 0 and a 1/2 top plate spacer.

At first I thought it didnt make much of a difference. Now that Ive been driving it for awhile the ride quality is better. I also ended up with the same amount of lift I had before.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckwithatruck View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the numbers stated above will only be achieved with the optional spacer.
yeah you're wrong. only spacer i put on was the 1/4" to fix the taco lean.

If you wanted the full 3" for a 4x4, the spacer would be needed; or bumping the 5100s (not recommended but people do it) to .85".
Old 09-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckwithatruck View Post
I got 2 1/2" with 885's on my DCLB 4x4 , no spacer
Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I got 2 1/2" with 885's on my DCLB 4x4 , no spacer
thats about where mine is since it settled.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats about where mine is since it settled.
Mine hasn't moved in 4 months , I think that's where it is going to stay
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #15
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #16

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Mine hasn't moved in 4 months , I think that's where it is going to stay
that weird. are yours the 885x?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that weird. are yours the 885x?
Yep
Old 09-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #18
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about

Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
so 885x coils on 5100 @ 0 and no spacer is about equal to 5100 @ 2.5 on stock coils?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TXED View Post
so 885x coils on 5100 @ 0 and no spacer is about equal to 5100 @ 2.5 on stock coils?
Yeah that sounds about right. I have 5100's set at 0 with the older 885's and top plate spacer and I got 3"s of lift out of mine.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #20
mako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmako86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mako86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanielG11 View Post
Yup....had 5100's set at 2.5 with stock coils. Went to 885's with 5100's at 0 and a 1/2 top plate spacer.

At first I thought it didnt make much of a difference. Now that Ive been driving it for awhile the ride quality is better. I also ended up with the same amount of lift I had before.
So it's not a huge difference in ride quality. My front end with 5100's at 2.5 and e rated Toyo Open Country MT's is pretty stiff.