Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Allpro expo leafs ride quality w/ out weight?

Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Allpro expo leafs ride quality w/ out weight?

When i get back for my next.deployment i'm gonna be.getting a new leaf pack. Really considering Allpro expos because eventually ill be getting an rtt. My concern is the.ride quality.without weight on the truck. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
well, ive had them about three weeks now, and lets just say extremely stiff. i heard somewhere that its a good idea to keep about 300 lbs extra on them, which was my plan with a proposed shell and rack, BUT funds dont yet allow for that so ill have to put up with it in the meantime.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
How does it.compare to a aal ? Cause the rear.is.pretty stiff with my current.setup. What would the next softer leaf.be? Dakar? Ap standard duty?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
How does it.compare to a aal ? Cause the rear.is.pretty stiff with my current.setup. What would the next softer leaf.be? Dakar? Ap standard duty?

honestly couldnt tell you, my previous was stock, and they were shot, bottomed out on the lightest of bumps.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
I've been riding around for 6months now on them will no weight (just haven't got abedrack etc etc yet) and the ride isn't bad at all
Old 09-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Allpro expos on for almost a month now, and without the extra weight is fine. If im going 80mph down a shitty freeway or road, my truck does not jump all over the place(some people said this would happen). Id rather have them on then the stock leafs. When I have about 400lbs of firewood,icechests,people, and camping gear, the truck rides like a caddy.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with 300lbs+ the ride is really nice this is how I sit with a shell , rack and 150lbs of stuff in the shell

Allpro expo leafs ride quality w/ out weight?-003.jpg
Old 09-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Can we get some guys with the standard set in here? Looks like I'm getting a new truck this week and will be getting an all new suspension as well. Right now I have dakars, but I was thinking the standard all pros might be better for offroad, and non loaded street driving.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah like he said , I'm getting ready 2 install mine next weekend . Do I need to extend my brake lines as well???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Can we get some guys with the standard set in here? Looks like I'm getting a new truck this week and will be getting an all new suspension as well. Right now I have dakars, but I was thinking the standard all pros might be better for offroad, and non loaded street driving.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of shocks r u guys running with ap expos?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I'm running the Walker Evan's that AP sells, wanting to switch up to new ones soon tho!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirst06taco View Post
yeah like he said , I'm getting ready 2 install mine next weekend . Do I need to extend my brake lines as well???
I would, its not that hard to do. Plus steel braided lines are always better to have than rubber ones.

Quote:
Downsouth Motorsports set me up with some 2.0 Fox Rear resi's.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #15

the 5100's from down south have been on sale recently.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
What do you all with expos think about the idea of taking a leaf out to soften the ride up and lower it a bit for guys that don't have 500lbs always in the bed?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
Max's Canadian Twin

I don't know of anyone who has taken out any leafs from the Expos.

Freeze did take a standard pack & added a Marlin AAL HD spring in place in one of the other leafs, It's been holding up for him (Don't know all the details, but i'm sure he'd help you out)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #18

Quote:
What do you all with expos think about the idea of taking a leaf out to soften the ride up and lower it a bit for guys that don't have 500lbs always in the bed?
OR, you buy the regular all pros, and not the expos.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
OR, you buy the regular all pros, and not the expos.
Well I will have a steel bumper and a tool box, so that's not quite 500lbs but from what I've read, enough to make the standard leafs sag a bit. When I wheel I carry a big cooler and extra box with recovery gear.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #20
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I will have a steel bumper and a tool box, so that's not quite 500lbs but from what I've read, enough to make the standard leafs sag a bit. When I wheel I carry a big cooler and extra box with recovery gear.
Dakars or Expos for you