Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What kind of lift?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
filly peeno is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
filly peeno's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of lift?

Hi im new to here and i just bought my tacoma yesterday. I am very new to trucks. I was just wondering if someone had an idea of what kind of lift i had and how high it is from stock?

FRONT

REAR

REAR
Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The front is a combination of a coil spacer and a top plate spacer.

The rear looks to be a small block I think....it's hard to see.

How many leafs do you have in the back?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the toytec best seller with axle shims

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

Don't the toytec ones have "toytec" engraved around them?

Either way, what they both said.
Top plate/coil spacer with either a small block or axle shim

Btw OP, I chuckled at your name
Old 09-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

Yeah I couldn't tell if it was a shim or a small block.

What rear shocks are those?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Don't the toytec ones have "toytec" engraved around them?

Either way, what they both said.
Top plate/coil spacer with either a small block or axle shim

Btw OP, I chuckled at your name
I don't recall Dave's having it on them when I pulled his off, so...........

I'd be inclined to agree with the KYB also.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
All the toytec spacers I've seen have toytec engraved on them.

Anyways it's not important. No one hunk of metal jammed into a coil assembly is better than another....
Old 09-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #9

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
All the toytec spacers I've seen have toytec engraved on them.

Anyways it's not important. No one hunk of metal jammed into a coil assembly is better than another....
Agreed.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #11
Law Enforcement:
thanks guys! is this a decent setup?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #12

Marines:
It's "ok". There are better options out there. Biily's and Eibachs or an OEM set up will give you a better ride.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by filly peeno View Post
No not really. It's about the worst type of lift there is actually.

That coil spacer with the stock shocks is going to give you a much harder ride than a nicer setup.

And the top plate spacer allows your lcas to pivot too far down at full droop, which can lead to ball joint damage.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
No not really. It's about the worst type of lift there is actually.

That coil spacer with the stock shocks is going to give you a much harder ride than a nicer setup.

And the top plate spacer allows your lcas to pivot too far down at full droop, which can lead to ball joint damage.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #15
Law Enforcement:
ahh shit. great.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahh shit. great.
Though it's not recommended by many on the site, as long as you don't do any heavy off roading you will be fine.

I don't see any problems with the rear, the spacers up front are what is mostly frowned upon.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Though it's not recommended by many on the site, as long as you don't do any heavy off roading you will be fine.

I don't see any problems with the rear, the spacers up front are what is mostly frowned upon.
repost

SUCKA