Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Kit options

Old 09-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
shicks16 is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
shicks16's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kit options

So i have been reading a lot about lift kits on this site and had some questions, i want to be able to take it off road so i want something that can handle it, i won't be doing any crazy rock crawling or anything, i just enjoy going out and climbing some hills, going through mud holes and having a good time, i also put motorcycles in the back on a regular basis so i do not want to lose any payload capacity, lets assume money is no problem, what would be the best kit to get, my thoughts are to do the lift and replace the tires and keep the oem rims for now until a later time, i just want a really good quality lift with good payload capacity which rides smooth. What is my best options?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
icon is a great setup if you have the $
Old 09-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu is a pretty good setup. You can get all you need for around $800. Go to Toyteclifts.com and check it out.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on your budget.

HIGH-
Coilovers with replacement leaf pack

Medium-
OME coils/struts/shocks with either an AAL or leaf pack
Toytec coils with 5100's, with either an AAL or leaf pack

Low-
5100's with struts set to 2.5 up front. AAL out back

What year/model truck do you have?

Check this out
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
This is all really good stuff. I have a 2010 double cab Trd sport long box. Basically I am looking at getting a mid grade kit that I can be proud of and can be upgraded very easily to a higher end kit by just adding to what I have. Was looking at icons stuff and it looks like a stage 2 is kind of what I'm after. Then I can buy the rest of the stuff to make it into a stage 4 as I go. Basically my budget right now is around 2000 for the basic kit but I just want to be able to upgrade what I get without actually needing to replace everything that I have spent money on
Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicks16 View Post
... lets assume money is no problem, what would be the best kit to get, my thoughts are to do the lift and replace the tires and keep the oem rims for now until a later time, i just want a really good quality lift with good payload capacity which rides smooth. What is my best options?
Quote:
Basically my budget right now is around 2000 for the basic kit but I just want to be able to upgrade what I get without actually needing to replace everything that I have spent money on
Quote:
Basically I am looking at getting a mid grade kit that I can be proud of and can be upgraded very easily to a higher end kit by just adding to what I have.
Welcome to TW. Let me start with some advice. Never settle for anything if you know you want something else, as you will never be happy with the end result.

You start your question with an unlimited amount of money and then redefine that as $2000; a really good, basic, or mid-grade kit. Which is it? If you know what your budget is, or will be; and you know what type of kit you need or want, be honest to the folks here and yourself when asking the question. There is no need to keep changing the question.

If getting what you want means saving more money and waiting more time; wait. You will be much happier with the end result, and less likely to have buyers remorse over your decision.

Best of luck with what ever kit you get.

Frank
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #7
I started this post wanting to see what some of the high end kits look like. I have spent a lot of money on my truck and don't want to cheap out on something like this. However there is always a limit. Yes I could save more and get the best stuff right away. But if there is a kit that is in my price range now, that can be upgraded without having to replace parts I have already bought. Then I would go with something like that. However from reading more it appears that would be hard to find so I guess I will be saving some more. Thanks for all the info
Old 09-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Demello has a group buy going on right now, you might be able to get some Icon coilovers with UCA's for the front and then Icon 2.0's and AAL 3 pack for the rear for right around $2000.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bskin View Post
Demello has a group buy going on right now, you might be able to get some Icon coilovers with UCA's for the front and then Icon 2.0's and AAL 3 pack for the rear for right around $2000.
Did you say something? I was just staring at your sig

Try check this GB out though OP, Icon is a great quality company.