LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Anti Lean?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
nobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to behold
nobigbro's Tacoma Gallery
Anti Lean?

Before I install my new suspension I thought I should measure my 2000 Taco as it sits now. Instead of a lean or it being level, I find out the DS is higher than the pax side. Left rear is almost .75" higher... empty bed, almost full tank. Front DS is .25"+ higher. So this is OPPOSITE the normal lean, right? Guess I don't need to worry about the spacer...

Old 09-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
nobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to beholdnobigbro is a splendid one to behold
so is this weird? or common?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Where is your starting point of reference? It looks like you are measuring from the ground -> up. You should be measuring from the center of the hub (as opposed to the ground). Measuring from the ground does not take into account discrepencies of tire wear.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
yep... from the ground up. I'll remeasure, but doubt it will change .25-.75"
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And I think it goes without saying, but also measure on flat, level ground. If one measured parallel parked on the street (for example), that would certainly account for a higher driver side than passenger.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
same results... from the hub center using a level and a straight edge... the DS is .375" higher than the right side in the front and .5625" higher in the rear.

Anyone?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
And I think it goes without saying, but also measure on flat, level ground. If one measured parallel parked on the street (for example), that would certainly account for a higher driver side than passenger.
Good thought, but it's in my garage... pretty much flat and level.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist

Are you the original owner?
If not did the previous owner have a morbidly obese wife that sat shotgun?

I'm trolling at this point. Not sure what to suggest. Install your lift and call it a day.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
The Mad Scientist

I say lift it and leave it. Chances are after the new suspension settles he'll be dead on flat.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say lift it and leave it. Chances are after the new suspension settles he'll be dead on flat.
Good point, I guess we don't really know if it's just due to worn parts on the right side.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
Quote:
I'll bet you're right. In fact, with my 195lbs in the thing, it's probably dead on right now.

It's just weird because as far as I can tell, I'm the only guy with it leaning the other way.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobigbro View Post
I'll bet you're right. In fact, with my 195lbs in the thing, it's probably dead on right now.

It's just weird because as far as I can tell, I'm the only guy with it leaning the other way.
Definitely get a no fat chicks sticker to prevent further reverse taco lean problems.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
Quote:
Definitely get a no fat chicks sticker to prevent further reverse taco lean problems.

Doubt it's that tho. My pax, if any, is my wife. She's 5'5" and a buck twenty.... the mystery deepens...
Old 09-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Good point, I guess we don't really know if it's just due to worn parts on the right side.
another good thought.... bound to be what it is.