Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Uca need replacing??????????

Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Uca need replacing??????????

I am about to purchase the Toytec 885 3inch lift and was checking to see if I needed to replace the UCAs? I have heard that a lift but stress on the control arms but wanted to know if this is necessary with a 3 inch lift. I don't want to pay extra if I don't need to but also want everything to hold up.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Its not but its worth it better travel and put your allignment back in spec.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I put on the 885's with 5100s and my stock UCA's rub on the new coils at full droop, and my alignment is out of wack. You can install the lift without them and see if you have any problems..but you should get them.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Get new UCA's. Its an easy install, and makes a world of difference.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
What is the best place to find good and reasonable UCA's?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
It's easy - except for the part about getting that 3 foot pin in and out of the shock tower in something like 3 inches of space... That took the longest BY FAR when I installed my lift.
LOL, Its not THAT hard. I guess it gets easier the more you do it.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Nah, it's just hard working in cramped spaces. And I'm sure it's probably a lot easier if you have the right tools too...
True!