Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4 wheel low is a pain in the ass!!???

Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
kevinS is on a distinguished road
kevinS's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheel low is a pain in the ass!!???

anyone have an apinon on how to enter and exit 4 low and the rear lockers i feel like its a total crap shoot every time i use 4 low or both. eiter it gose in no prob but takes forever to come out or vice versa or it just dosent go in till i really dont need it lol.

anyone els having thies issues
Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinS View Post
anyone have an apinon on how to enter and exit 4 low and the rear lockers i feel like its a total crap shoot every time i use 4 low or both. eiter it gose in no prob but takes forever to come out or vice versa or it just dosent go in till i really dont need it lol.

anyone els having thies issues
Never a problem going into L4 (as long as you are in N Neutral and not P Park).

Engaging the Rear Locker is sometimes a repeated step affair... but usually between the 1st and third time I push the button it engages. I used the rear locker lots on my '01 and '05 Tacomas... but since the '10 has A-TRAC, the rear locker is not needed... so I only use it now for 'testing'.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Read the manual. One thing it doesn't tell you to do is to be in 4wd high first. My truck goes into low range every time. To make locking the rear end easier turn the wheel side to side while locking.