Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Has anyone every installed this lift on their Taco?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
carolinaboy90 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submariner
carolinaboy90's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone every installed this lift on their Taco?

I am new to lift kits and really dont know what I am looking for. I dont go mudding or hit the trails very often and when I do it is nothing extreme. I am just looking to level out my front and at the same time be able to run 285/75/r16. Is it possible with this lift and is this lift any good. Any help will be great.
1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma 2WD/4WD (6 LUG)
3" Front 1" Rear Complete Suspension Lift Kit
Kit Contains:
2x Front Billet Lift Spacers Anodized Black w/ hardware
3x Front Skid Plate Spacers and hardware
2x Differential Drop Spacers and hardware
1x Brake Proportion valve relocation bracket and hardware
2x Machined Billet Rear Lift Blocks Anodized Black
4x U-bolts w/ nuts
Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
It's a spacer lift. Not well thought of around here.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
I am not looking to drop a whole bunch of money into this simply because I dont go offroading hardly any (and i realize that when dealing with lifts there is no such thing as cheap). I just want something to make the truck level and be able to run a size bigger tire.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You can get Bilstein 5100's and a add a leaf for just a little more and your ride will be much better over the spacer lift.

links
Shocks
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

AAL
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
The adjustable struts in the front do look nicer. Will shackles do anything in the rear if you dont use a AAL. Thanks for the help JLee.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
None of my links work, awesome!

Go with the links JLee provided. Be sure to purchase their new bushings for your front struts.

I did the lift and wasn't happy with the front being so low, I added Eibach coils for a full 3 inches of lift and was much happier.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
keep in mind the toytec add-a-leafs give 2 inchs of lift
Gave me 3 inches of lift.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?

If you're not sure, look at this gallery and prepare to be Jelly.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...h-gallery.html
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Gave me 3 inches of lift.
Thats interesting... but the OP said he wants 1 inch in the back.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaboy90 View Post
I am new to lift kits and really dont know what I am looking for. I dont go mudding or hit the trails very often and when I do it is nothing extreme. I am just looking to level out my front and at the same time be able to run 285/75/r16. Is it possible with this lift and is this lift any good. Any help will be great.
Kit Contains:
2x Front Billet Lift Spacers Anodized Black w/ hardware
3x Front Skid Plate Spacers and hardware
2x Differential Drop Spacers and hardware
1x Brake Proportion valve relocation bracket and hardware
2x Machined Billet Rear Lift Blocks Anodized Black
4x U-bolts w/ nuts
Quote:
Thats interesting... but the OP said he wants 1 inch in the back.
Where did he say that at?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
[QUOTE=carolinaboy90;3689318]I am new to lift kits and really dont know what I am looking for. I dont go mudding or hit the trails very often and when I do it is nothing extreme. I am just looking to level out my front and at the same time be able to run 285/75/r16. Is it possible with this lift and is this lift any good. Any help will be great.

right there?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
Whyareyoureadingthis?

[QUOTE=TACOMABOSS;3697131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaboy90 View Post

right there?
Right where?

All I see is the copied and pasted list for the kit he was interested in buying.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
Firefighter:
[QUOTE=Vacountryboy-IXI;3697142]
Quote:

Right where?

All I see is the copied and pasted list for the kit he was interested in buying.
lol. it says "3" Front 1" Rear Complete Suspension Lift Kit"
Old 09-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
Whyareyoureadingthis?

[QUOTE=TACOMABOSS;3697761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
lol. it says "3" Front 1" Rear Complete Suspension Lift Kit"
I'm still missing where he said he wanted one inch of rear lift.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
Firefighter:
[QUOTE=Vacountryboy-IXI;3697846]
Quote:

I'm still missing where he said he wanted one inch of rear lift.
hmmm well he didnt say the words "i want a 1 inch lift in the rear" idk. maybe it was just a kit he was talking about
Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #17
Tacomaboss and Vacountryboy. I was just looking at the 3 inch lift in the front and 1 inch lift in the rear lift kit because I want the front level with the rear. But anyways what ratio front to back should I go with. Thank yall for the help.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
3 in the front and 1 in the rear might leave you a tad nose high.

I went with 3 in the front 2 in the rear and that leveled me out
Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
Firefighter:
3 in front and 1 in back would leave your nose high. 3 in front and 2 in back would be probably level.