Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

DIY LCA Bushing Replacement 2005+ Tacoma (4x4)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #321
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
I HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ITS N/G
THE SECOND PIC....SOMETHING IS WRONG
EITHER THE CAM IS WAY TOO SMALL OR YOUR CAM TABS ARE FUBAR....
Looks like the top cam tab may be flat
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #322
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Looks like the top cam tab may be flat
The right tab is too.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #323
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't effect anything.... Those ears are worthless. They don't do anything but guide the guy doing the alignment.

Next time I get mine aligned I'm just going to have the cams tacked to the LCA.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #324
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Doesn't effect anything.... Those ears are worthless. They don't do anything but guide the guy doing the alignment.

I didn't check to see if they make them for the Tacoma, but there were some tab brackets listed on the MOOG Problem Solver site that may work for us.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #325
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Say goodbye to ever greasing them that way
And what happens when u skip a tooth
Old 11-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #326
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seriously?

I take my little bitty tiny dremel out and cut the tacks. I didn't say I would weld them on.

and I have never skipped a tooth mall crawling. My rigs a lawn ornament
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #327
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A lot of the LT guys tack theirs as well with no issues.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #328
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone get any feed back from Moog? I'm thinking I'll make contact with them if no one has info

Update: Contacted Moog Tech line. Tec confirmed what we already know (Bolt diameter won't fit in bushing). I was told I'd be contacted...I'll keep all posted
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #329
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
A little birdy told me they are going to get the Whiteline kit I have been hoping someone would experiment with.

He said he's not going to post until it's all done so keep your fingers crossed that it goes smooth and we gain another option.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #331
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Just ordered the BJ's and bushings...
for the cam bolts....
which bushings did you go with?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #333
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bought the OEM ones - Boyd listed the part #'s for them in the OP

I will be tearing my truck apart by the end of the week, going to try a different route
Old 12-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #334
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
Anyone get any feed back from Moog? I'm thinking I'll make contact with them if no one has info

Update: Contacted Moog Tech line. Tec confirmed what we already know (Bolt diameter won't fit in bushing). I was told I'd be contacted...I'll keep all posted
So I'm assuming Mogg doesn't plan on just selling the front bolts or make new rears?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #335
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
So I'm assuming Mogg doesn't plan on just selling the front bolts or make new rears?
they never got back to me after numerous attempts
so fuck moog
go back to talking out the stockers and grease them
put about 4k on the new bushings.....a ok
wooot
Old 12-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #336
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post

Quote:
they never got back to me after numerous attempts
so fuck moog
go back to talking out the stockers and grease them
put about 4k on the new bushings.....a ok
wooot
Moog Tech line never called me back either
Old 12-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #337

ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post

I will be tearing my truck apart by the end of the week, going to try a different route
Old 12-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #338
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I tacked mine.... fuckers never moved after that. Even if you cant cut the weld with a dremmel or whatever its only $30 for a new set

Old 12-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #340
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Getting these out is a royal pain in the ass.
Had you heard otherwise?

Good to see you got one out. How about the rest?

Products Discussed in this Thread