3" Pro comp lift?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Proud New *****
whiteknight303 is on a distinguished road
whiteknight303's Tacoma Gallery
3" Pro comp lift?

Does anyone know anything about these?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight303 View Post
Does anyone know anything about these?
I have heard all good things about pro comp and fabtec lifts if it helps!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I hate Pro Comp!!!! That being said, I think their 3" lift is a good product.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Proud New *****
why do you hate it if you think their 3" lift is a good product?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im confused to haha!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
why do you hate it if you think their 3" lift is a good product?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
Im confused to haha!!
I just hate Pro Comp in general. Most of their pruducts, and tires I have seen fail horribly on the street and trail. And their customer service SUCKS. I have seen their shocks pull apart when wheeling, and seen MANY of their tires blow to peices when just driveing down the street. My Buddy had one blow out and beat the liveing shit out of the side of his truck (tire was actually the 3rd replacement that pro comp had given him), and it took almost a year for them to reimberse him for the cost.
BUT, as their lift is a spacer type, there is not much they can do to screw it up.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Proud New *****
how are the add a leafs that come with the spacer lift?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
how are the add a leafs that come with the spacer lift?
I have no experience with them. If they are a short AAL, they will ride harsh. If they are long, then they should have a good ride. I cant remember who makes the AAL for Pro Comp.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
Proud New *****
Is there anywhere that sells complete toytec 3" lifts
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
+1...and with that said.. how about Toytec? Lets support a company who does produce quality products for Toyotas.
x eleventy billion! ToyTec has had awesome customer service since I bought my kit a couple of weeks ago. Still too soon to report on quality and durabiltiy (only had it installed for a few days) but I've heard very good things...
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
Proud New *****
would a 3" lift look rediculas with stock wheels and tires?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #12
TEXMEX TACO
alexamado is on a distinguished road

alexamado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
would a 3" lift look rediculas with stock wheels and tires?
i have the exact question. I want to keep my trd rims but maybe get a slightly larger tire.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #13
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamado View Post
i have the exact question. I want to keep my trd rims but maybe get a slightly larger tire.

Check out my pics. I think you'll find exactly what your looking for.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #14
TEXMEX TACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_six_taco_4x4 View Post
check out my pics. I think you'll find exactly what your looking for.
that is nice!!! Thats exactly what i'm looking for. I saw that u put a toytec 3'' kit with the aal. Did u get the tsb for the rear suspension. If so....was it hard to put the aal.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 AM   #15
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Quote:

I'm drawing a blank with the "tsb" acrynim. I've heard it a ton but can't remember what it stands for. Refresh my memory.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #16
TEXMEX TACO

Tsb= technical service bulletin. Its kinda like a recall but i guess they don't want to call it that. I've read alot of posts that said once they had the new spring put in, they had trouble putting on the new aal. Did u have modify the brake lines at all? Also, why did u pick the aal kit over the block kit?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #17
Professional High Fiver

The block would make the ride stiffer. Plus, Toytec offers a short or long AAL. I got the long cause it produced a softer ride. I haven't got the trb done either. No modification for brake lines is needed for 2005 and up models. Just install and go. I'm super satisfied with the lift.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #18
TEXMEX TACO

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to get the lift put in before the year is up. I gotta try to sneak it by the wife too. Maybe she won't notice.:d
Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #19
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to get the lift put in before the year is up. I gotta try to sneak it by the wife too. Maybe she won't notice.:d
It NEVER works. I can't sneeze without her noticing. Last time I bought new tires, she said "Wow, I bet these were expensive!" Only difference between them and my old ones was they were an inch taller. WTF!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #20

That sucks i put wheels and tires on my old taco.... She never noticed till i told her!!