Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Beating the dead horse: Taco Lean

Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Beating the dead horse: Taco Lean

I have bilstein 5100s set at 0" with OME 883 coils. After about a week with this set up I threw in a top plate spacer for the driver side...that was about a year ago. As I measure (on level ground) I'm still sitting 0.5"-0.75" lower on the driver side. Have I done everything I can do besides get adjustable coilovers? Should I just do donuts everyday for an hour? Anyone?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Keep turning left

Sorry, I don't have an answer for ya, sounds like your coils have settled.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Keep turning left

Sorry, I don't have an answer for ya, sounds like your coils have settled.
At least the drivers side has. I drove around with 200lbs in the passenger seat footwell but it got old having passengers with their knees to their chest and I always got questioned about it
Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Take out the 1/4" taco lean spacer and put in a 1" top plate spacer or buy coils that have 1" more lift than the ones on the truck now and put one of them on the driver's side or just quit looking and measuring? Sorry, that's all I got.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Throw a slightly longer shackle on the driver's side?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Aw, shit wasn't thinkin right. You have 5100s so just set the driver's side spring perch on the .85 preload setting and call it good..........no need to purchase any additional stuff. It may ride weird having stiffer coil on one side but hey, it'll be level.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #7

The rear end is pretty new actually so the lean isn't that bad in the rear. I don't want to add lift since the cv angles are already pretty bad. I guess I'm just looking for ideas to lower my pass side
Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Is it very noticable? I'd just let it be.

My passenger rear is much higher than the drivers side, I guess I'll try to get it level when I buy a new leaf pack, until then I'm just going to make them jelly.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #9

It's noticeable to me and it kinda pisses me off that I buy new parts and they settle unevenly when the coils that had 110xxx miles on them were dead even
Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
It's noticeable to me and it kinda pisses me off that I buy new parts and they settle unevenly when the coils that had 110xxx miles on them were dead even
It is very odd, and what concerns me is spending 700 dollars on a new Dakar leaf pack and then still have the lean!

You could try parking on an un even surface where your passenger side is being compressed more than the drivers side, it will relieve some of the lean.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
I have ome's too sand they settled but it was even...

Edit: wait a minute, you have a spacer on your driver side and the passenger is still Almost an inch higher?

did you check before you installed if one coil was longer or driver side specific?

i can't remember if mine were but that is a large difference...
Old 09-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
It is very odd, and what concerns me is spending 700 dollars on a new Dakar leaf pack and then still have the lean!

You could try parking on an un even surface where your passenger side is being compressed more than the drivers side, it will relieve some of the lean.
The lean isn't very noticeable from the rear end, just a little bit and im running allpro expos...but I really am not worried about the lean out back. I'll try stacking some wood or something but I don't know how much that will help
Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
I have ome's too sand they settled but it was even...

Edit: wait a minute, you have a spacer on your driver side and the passenger is still Almost an inch higher?

did you check before you installed if one coil was longer or driver side specific?

i can't remember if mine were but that is a large difference...
That is correct. Coils are the same 883s
Old 09-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Try pulling out the coils/struts and switching sides and see what happens! It's free right.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Try pulling out the coils/struts and switching sides and see what happens! It's free right.
I've read online someone trying that and it not correcting problem, which brings up another theory of the frames being bent rather than the weight causing the lean.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #16

Quote:
I've read online someone trying that and it not correcting problem, which brings up another theory of the frames being bent rather than the weight causing the lean.
Oh shit don't even get me started on my frame . It's going to rust out before I reach 150,000
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
whats wrong with the lean? mines got it pretty good. it doesnt effect how it runs/drives. hell i dont even notice it till other people mention it
When you're lifted, it's ten times more noticeable.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #18

Quote:
When you're lifted, it's ten times more noticeable.
That about explains it. I doubt many people would think it was the same suspension set up if they saw pictures of each side individually.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
Quote:
I would try it at least before spending money on anything, whether it does anything or not,
process of elimination by buying new things can get expensive.

Good point I didn't even think about the frame.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #20
CurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Curtis
CurboCycles's Tacoma Gallery
Installed some 3" all-pro leaf springs today and passenger side is 1.25" higher! What gives?