Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How does this lift sound? Opinions please

Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
How does this lift sound? Opinions please

I think I pretty much know what I want just want some opinions. For the front Im going to go with Eibach coils with bilstein shocks. For the rear Im going with 8 leaf Alcan springs and bilstein 5125. Im looking to get 255/85 also. How does this setup sound? How much lift you think I will get? Just dont want to waste my $. I would buy coilovers if I could find them used. Also if anyone is running this set up post pics.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-96...djustable.html

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
That's a great setup. The front's gonna be a little high for awhile, around 3.3-3.4 inches until coils settle, but other than that, your truck should be level, or have a tiny bit of rake. IMO, if youre spending that much money, I'd look into a diff drop and the CV boot slide mod, to protect your CVs.

Check this out for some pictures.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...h-gallery.html
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
great setup! and the front coils will be a little high as said previously, youll be pleased with the ride has
Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #5

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah ill get the diff drop too. Had it on my old runner too. How do you think the ride will be with this setup? This is going on my DD so there is alot of pavement miles to think about. I had SAW's on my 4runner and I loved the ride of those but dont wanna drop a grand right now on front coilovers.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #6

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Bought the Alcans today they should be in sometime this week. Im still deciding on the front suspension and Im looking for 255/85 for sale. There extremely hard to find used. If I cant find anything soon ill just buy new Ive already got e few quotes on Km2's.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #7

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
How would bilstein 5125 10" in the back flex? Just want to make sure they wont be to short. I have alcan custom 8 leaf springs.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #8

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift will that pack give you? I'm running 10" shocks on about 4" of lift but they are custom mounted
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the 5150's are way longer than the normal shocks, even the 10"- you'll get good flex.

If you still got questions about em try give DSM a call, theyll hook you up with the right ones
Old 09-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #11

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
It is supposed to give me 5'' but they are used so im guessing less but have no clue really. Id be going with 5125's not 5150. Found a set for sale and will buy them if they are long enough. What would be the recommended length?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #12

crap. misread that. sorry-
I'm serious though, give DSM a call, theyll help you out

any of the 5125's should be long enough
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #13

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I had actually meant to call today but forgot. Ill call tomorrow. ALso found some allpro coilovers. Are these rebuildable? You think they will be able to lift my front end enough to make it close to level with the alcans?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #14

a 5" in the back is going to give you a slight rake no matter what the lift (unless you get a DB lift)

but if you have the money for the coilovers, go for it
Old 09-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #15

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
DB lift is out of the question. I like a slight rake so as long as it isn't terribly high in the ass end ill be happy.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #16

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Ended up going with SAW coilovers for the front. Only
Need the rear shocks now. Should I get 10" or 12" rear bilsteins? The alcans are supposed to be 5" but used so I'm expecting closer to 4. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with 10" but not 100% sure. Opinions?