Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

dakar leaf question

Old 09-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
dakar leaf question

is it true the dakar leafs for 2nd gens have a drivers side and passenger side spring to correct lean and if so where are they marked
Old 09-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
is it true the dakar leafs for 2nd gens have a drivers side and passenger side spring to correct lean and if so where are they marked
NO the dakar leaf is the same. I just installed mine a few weeks ago and i called Toytec and they told me is the same. You need the trim packer in the front driver's side shock.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure the trim packer is in , it just seems theres a bit of lean only from the rear. what does the trim packer look like is it a different color ?, can i tell if its in with the coilovers in the truck?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im pretty sure the trim packer is in , it just seems theres a bit of lean only from the rear. what does the trim packer look like is it a different color ?, can i tell if its in with the coilovers in the truck?
you can kinda see it in this pic. it's a gold ring in the bottom of the coil.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Why is it installed on the passenger side??
Good question
Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I wondered that too.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #9

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Good question
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I wondered that too.
I've got a Chinese made Tacoma.

i'm going to check that shit right now.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
I wondered that too.
He's got the big girl mod. You guys don't know anything.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #11

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Good question
Quote:
I wondered that too.
WHEW!!!!! that was just a bad pic. you guys got my blood flowing there. For a minute i thought i was going to have to undo my lift. I just ckecked and it is on the driver's side. here's a better pic of it.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I often think there is a lean in just the rear end of mine as well, but if I get straight behind the struck and squat down, the edge of the tailgate always lines up perfectly with the horizontal lines of the windows or toolbox.
Just an optical illusion in my case for some reason.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
WHEW!!!!! that was just a bad pic. you guys got my blood flowing there. For a minute i thought i was going to have to undo my lift. I just ckecked and it is on the driver's side. here's a better pic of it.

So , what , that other pic is flipped ?