Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

(New) Factory Leaf pack vs. Aftermarket

Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
(New) Factory Leaf pack vs. Aftermarket

So, My factory rear leafs are starting to sag and Im in the market for a new set and have been looking at my options. I've been very happy with my factory leafs with an AAL install, since I do pull a boat/camper sometimes. They seem to hold the weight very well.

The Question :
I went to the stealership today just to get a price on a factory set of leafs. The manager told me they have a new set at the old store that have been sitting around for a while and would cut me a deal on them ($100 bucks a piece). Anyone got advise or input on what you would do?
I do off-road the truck but I also pull things sometimes.

Brand new Factory leafs + AAL - $250

Or

Aftermarket set Dakar etc. - $500
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you liked your first set, $100 isn't bad at all for a new leaf pack! Assuming the 1st gen doesn't have the issues like the 2nd gen leaf pack, I'd stick with the factory one.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I like my expedition pack. It can take a heavy load and flexes really well. Also rides very well unloaded considering it has a higher spring rate than the standard pack from allpro. It is $359 for the pack I believe and if you have everything else like a longer brake line and a lspv bracket you should be good to go. You may need longer shocks but it's well worth it and you can always sell the old ones
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
I like my expedition pack. It can take a heavy load and flexes really well. Also rides very well unloaded considering it has a higher spring rate than the standard pack from allpro. It is $359 for the pack I believe and if you have everything else like a longer brake line and a lspv bracket you should be good to go. You may need longer shocks but it's well worth it and you can always sell the old ones
See im kinda leaning toward the aftermarket due to more flex
Old 09-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
See im kinda leaning toward the aftermarket due to more flex
You won't be disappointed. What are you running up front?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
The Welfare Cadilac

OME coils and shocks.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
That is a very good deal for factory leaf springs! But it all depends on what you do with your truck, and how much money you want to spend. I would have bought the leaf pack on the spot, since I do not do much towing or hauling with my truck.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
63" Chevy swap
Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you liked your first set, $100 isn't bad at all for a new leaf pack! Assuming the 1st gen doesn't have the issues like the 2nd gen leaf pack, I'd stick with the factory one.
It had the same issues, just not as documented as the 2nd gens are
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
Factory leafs are known to be weak and prone to premature flattening (failure), which is why I went aftermarket.
X2

I'd go with Dakar's if it were me and my $$$
Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #12

What's your ride height up front?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #13
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
So, My factory rear leafs are starting to sag and Im in the market for a new set and have been looking at my options. I've been very happy with my factory leafs with an AAL install, since I do pull a boat/camper sometimes. They seem to hold the weight very well.

The Question :
I went to the stealership today just to get a price on a factory set of leafs. The manager told me they have a new set at the old store that have been sitting around for a while and would cut me a deal on them ($100 bucks a piece). Anyone got advise or input on what you would do?
I do off-road the truck but I also pull things sometimes.

Brand new Factory leafs + AAL - $250

Or

Aftermarket set Dakar etc. - $500

i have a factory set of leafs sitting in my garage im trying to get rid of. if your interested
Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me ?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
The Welfare Cadilac

Quote:
About 37 1/4" ground to fender flare
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #16

Quote:
About 37 1/4" ground to fender flare
I'm at about 26" fender to the middle of the hub so the expos may be a bit tall for you unless you want 3" of rake
Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #17

You could probably just get the allpro standard pack and load it up and get an about level if not slightly raked stance