Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help on upgrading suspension.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
lilbigmurray is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
lilbigmurray's Tacoma Gallery
Need help on upgrading suspension.

One kit I have in mind is skyjacker 3in lift with nitro shocks and struts, and new leaf springs. Should I get new front springs and upper control arms and how much would the new UCAs help? Im trying to stay on a budget too. I just need some help improving my Yota.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
lilbigmurray is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
lilbigmurray's Tacoma Gallery
Its just worn out I bought the truck about 2 1/2 years ago and the lift was already on there. I would just like to upgrade to do a little trail riding. Im looking to spend around $1500 on it and im trying to get as many opinions as I could before I just went out and just bought something.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
check this out.

The most popular lifts on the site are

bilstein 5100's all around with eibach/toytec coils up front, and either an AAL or replacement leaf pack in the rear. (if you lift the back more than 2", such as if you went with a replacement leaf pack, 5150's would be best.)

Old Man Emu complete lift kits
(Coils, shocks, leaf pack)

and the high-end
Coilovers (King, Icon, Fox) with replacement leaf packs/long rear shocks

New UCAs would be needed if youre lifting the truck 3+ inches, to keep alignment. If you stay at 3, you dont NEED them, but they'll help

Also, I'd reccomend removing the body lift if you plan on wheeling. They weaken the connection between the body and the frame, and can cause serious damage if one of the spacers break