1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help on upgrading suspension.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by lilbigmurray, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    lilbigmurray

lilbigmurray [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    2in suspension lift and 3in body with 33" tires looking to improve to 3in suspension and 2in body
    One kit I have in mind is skyjacker 3in lift with nitro shocks and struts, and new leaf springs. Should I get new front springs and upper control arms and how much would the new UCAs help? Im trying to stay on a budget too. I just need some help improving my Yota.

2. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Whats wrong with it now? Are you completely stock?

3. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:39 AM
    lilbigmurray

lilbigmurray [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    2in suspension lift and 3in body with 33" tires looking to improve to 3in suspension and 2in body
    Its just worn out I bought the truck about 2 1/2 years ago and the lift was already on there. I would just like to upgrade to do a little trail riding. Im looking to spend around $1500 on it and im trying to get as many opinions as I could before I just went out and just bought something.

4. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:45 AM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/11282-tacoma-lift-faq-guide-read.html
    check this out.

The most popular lifts on the site are

bilstein 5100's all around with eibach/toytec coils up front, and either an AAL or replacement leaf pack in the rear. (if you lift the back more than 2", such as if you went with a replacement leaf pack, 5150's would be best.)

Old Man Emu complete lift kits
    (Coils, shocks, leaf pack)

and the high-end
    Coilovers (King, Icon, Fox) with replacement leaf packs/long rear shocks

New UCAs would be needed if youre lifting the truck 3+ inches, to keep alignment. If you stay at 3, you dont NEED them, but they'll help

Also, I'd reccomend removing the body lift if you plan on wheeling. They weaken the connection between the body and the frame, and can cause serious damage if one of the spacers break

5. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:48 AM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road

Beat ya to it :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top