Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

toytec vs. wheeler offroad

Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
toytec vs. wheeler offroad

i'm looking at buying a 1.5" AAL for my std. cab and i see toytec and wheeler offroad comes up the most. is there anything majorly different between the 2 that i should be considering? they are both roughly the same price. i dont go off road much, i just want the higher stance and maybe a little more load capability without smacking into my bumpstops. wheelers website is down right now it looks like, so i cant read what it says on their website. any personal preferences or thoughts? thanks.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The Wheeler's or Icon's 3 leaf AAL is pretty awesome. It's a 1.5" AAL and comes with new U-bolts and centering pins. The ride is great and it supports weight well. The instructions say to remove the overload leaf but you can leave it in and get close to 2" of lift for the rear if you'd like. It's more expensive than the single AAL but rides great.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
thank you i'll look into those.

any other inputs?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers aal is awesome......customer service is top notch too and those dudes work hard and know their stuff. I have toytec coilovers and working with them as a great experience too! I think the 3 leaf aal is the way to go and like what was already said, keep the overload leaf in for more weight.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
if i keep the overload leaf in, will i need to do anything else? i wont have to cut anything to get it to fit with the O.L. leaf in?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
rc2125 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rc2125's Tacoma Gallery
Recently installed toytec aal's on my truck, then switched them out for wheelers 1.5 aal's. The toytecs raised the rear about an inch more than the wheelers did on my 09 quadcab shortbed. The wheelers are a little bit longer leafs and are a little smoother over certain road bumps that get driven over every day.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers

I felt compelled to reply to this thread due to my recent experiences. I initially purchased a 1.5" AAL from Toytec without doing much research. Non the wiser I thought it rode ok because I had nothing else to compare it to really. I had slight vibrations.

Then they started squeaking. Well that was annoying. Found out it was because they kept shifting around.

Then they broke. After wheeling one day I was looking under my truck and noticed that I only had half of the leaf spring left. AWESOME

Toytec will only refund me money for the one leaf spring. I have no use for a single AAL.

Needless to say I will not be shopping at Toytec again.

So I ordered the Wheelers pack 3 Leaf Progressive. SOOOOOOO much better. I could not believe the difference in ride. I fell in love with my truck again.

To top if off the vibrations stopped and they are silent.

Wheelers service rocks.