Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New truck pulls right after wheel swap

Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
New truck pulls right after wheel swap

I traded in the 08 PreRunner for a new 11 4x4 and just had the dealer swap my FJ rims/Duratracs to the new truck. The steering wheel is now just slightly off to the left, but when I put it straight, it's trying to put me in the ditch on the right.

Would this be more akin to "alignment is off" or to "tire wear"?

The truck is brand new. No issues with the original wheels and tires for the few days I had it before the tire swap off the old truck. Old truck drove fine with the wheel/tire combo. Wheels were balanced and rotated (on old truck) about a month ago.

Thoughs?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
pootermobile is on a distinguished road

pootermobile's Tacoma Gallery
check tire pressure? sometimes, if they're a little off, they can pull to the side that has less pressure. other than that, idk. i wouldn't think anything else would've changed either.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pootermobile View Post
check tire pressure? sometimes, if they're a little off, they can pull to the side that has less pressure. other than that, idk. i wouldn't think anything else would've changed either.
Well, I guess we'll file this under "tire wear". Took the truck up to Les Schwab and they cross-rotated the fronts. Truck drives fine now.