1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 @ .85 and Alignment?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mrw3685, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    So I installed my front Bilstein 5100s this weekend via the "dropping the LCA" method which was ridiculously easy I might add. The whole thing didn't take more than 2+15 and that was with me having never done it/talking/ensuring I screwed nothing up. Anyways, I'm going to be installing Camburg Spindles next, but probably not for at least a month or so. My question is I'm having a hard time rationalizing getting my front end aligned right now. I don't seem to have any noticeable toe in/toe out, it drives perfectly straight going down the road...though I've yet to go faster than 55. In "theory" I expected some toe out would be the problem based off my less than knowledgeable rationale, but all seems fine, and I think I want to wait till after I install the Spindles for an alignment. Somebody talk me out of it!? What am I missing, because everything seems fine as of right now.

2. Sep 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    I didn't have alignment issues when I first lifted my truck roughly 3" (running on stock tires). Waited A month till I got my new tires to do the alignment. You could pay the life time alignment deal at FireStone now get the alignment done and when you get your spindles on you could do it then for free.

3. Sep 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    If it drives and handles fine, the only think you're risking is chewing up your tires really. How many miles to you drive daily? If you're putting on 1,000 miles a week then it might be worth it but otherwise you could probably get away with putting it off. FWIW, I put 5100's and Eibachs, did not drop the LCA and I was way out when I took it in for alignment. I could tell though, my truck pulled pretty bad and wandered before the alignment but you're saying it drives fine.

4. Sep 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    I had planned on going to Firestone....but now that I've looked I don't think I have a Firestone around here! I don't drive hardly anything daily, 10 miles roundtrip to work, and the speed limit is 30-45 in places and themost I'll do is about 55 or so. I "kind of" figured my alignment would be tits up, so financially I was prepared to get one, but it really drives exactly the same as before I did it. Considering I hit the same bumps, every day, "nearly" 365 days a year, I can say the 5100s are nicer. The initial jolt from some speedbumps and the rebound afterwards is noticeably smoother, but probably only because I'm actively looking for it. Eh, we'll give it another weeks, re-torque the bolts, and see if i think I need one...though right now I'm thinking not.

Products Discussed in

To Top