Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Lift Questions...

Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift Questions...

So I've searched, read, searched, read, and still have some questions. Maybe someone can help me out here...

Looking at a 3" lift. I'm pretty much set on the Bilstein 5100's with AAL in the rear. Looking at this kit here:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...235c96e4d8.jpg

Nice kit, runs $630

But I can save about $200 if I use my stock springs, and use lift-blocks (for the rear) from the same supplier.

So my questions are: Can I use my stock springs on the Bilstein front end, and not have any issues? I'm looking to lift up to the max. amount.

Also, does the block lift in the rear negatively affect ride-quality? I know spacers in the front kill ride quality, but what about blocks in the rear?

Thanks for the advice in advance!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
So I've searched, read, searched, read, and still have some questions. Maybe someone can help me out here...

Looking at a 3" lift. I'm pretty much set on the Bilstein 5100's with AAL in the rear. Looking at this kit here:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...235c96e4d8.jpg

Nice kit, runs $630

But I can save about $200 if I use my stock springs, and use lift-blocks (for the rear) from the same supplier.

So my questions are: Can I use my stock springs on the Bilstein front end, and not have any issues? I'm looking to lift up to the max. amount.

Also, does the block lift in the rear negatively affect ride-quality? I know spacers in the front kill ride quality, but what about blocks in the rear?

Thanks for the advice in advance!
You can indeed use your stock springs on the 5100's. It won't be the same ride quality as the eibachs, but it's not a bad ride. The block in the back will promote axle wrap.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
blocks destroy my rear suspension, i ran stock shocks with 2" blocks and they're terrible, imm get a full 3" leaf pack, it did get better though when i put on the OME N182's
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
take it from a guy who put 3" blocks on last summer and now a curb makes my back end bottom out dont do it. save the money and get a new leaf pack or atleast an add a leaf
Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
spend less money now and more later, or do it right, and not have to do it twice. spend the 630 for a good setup
Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #6

ha ha i spent 900 to have les schwab put on a spacer and block lift now im looking at 2500 for what i really want do as 97yota says and spend a little extra for something better
Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
take it from a guy who put 3" blocks on last summer and now a curb makes my back end bottom out dont do it. save the money and get a new leaf pack or atleast an add a leaf
damn really?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
you spent 900 on a spacer lift and blocks?!?!

you just got bent over and fucked
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #9

lol ohh yes extremly fucked, it's embarassing when you try and be cool and go over a crub only to hear this god awful noise and rough landing and realize there is a gouge in my tire from where my bed hit it i was pullin some real swagger right there lol